The NC Guys Chat Thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > The NC Guys Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #211
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Finally got a real job!! Maybe this college degree is actually useful!!

Oh and along with the job came an almost new f150 company truck, which means I've got a designated DD and could feasibly do anything I wanted to the JEEP... But I wont because I like driving it on the road, but I will be getting some good adjustable control arms all around, belly up, DIY gas tank lift and hopefully in the next year or so start the 5.3L V8 swap that I've always wanted
Cool hope it works out. I have a work truck but I pay for it.

greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #212
BGClemson

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Diesel would be sweet for sure, good mpg's and probably really nice torque, but growing up around muscle cars I just love V8's just for the pure fun. But Not going to lie, driving some chipped and built diesel trucks is pretty freakin sweet, just feeling gobs of torque when the turbo spools is an awesome experience. But for the jeep, I think I would personally have more fun with a V8. And it wont need a whole lot of drive-train upgrades to run a 5.3, my trans and axles are good enough to drive easy on it and upgrade if/when things grenade!
My dd is a 2010 F250 w/ intake, exhaust and its chipped. There is something to be said for a 3/4 ton pickup that can roast tires and turn 0-60 times in less than 6 seconds. I surprise a lot of people in that thing
BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #213
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK View Post
My dd is a 2010 F250 w/ intake, exhaust and its chipped. There is something to be said for a 3/4 ton pickup that can roast tires and turn 0-60 times in less than 6 seconds. I surprise a lot of people in that thing
We used to have a '01 Duramax 3500 crew cab long bed dually with just a programmer and exhaust and that alone was pretty fun. Wouldn't smoke tires, well never tried because was weary of blowing the trans, but a huge dually that can move is pretty dang fun too, and very unexpected in traffic!
We now have a '00 Dodge 2500 cummins, which has a fully built trans a bunch of internal motor add on's (not sure what but we bought it off our friend who did all the work and runs a performance/diesel performance shop). The chip we had on it went bad so now its stock tune but when it was working the truck towing a goose neck car hauler with 2 built jeeps on it would accelerate a little faster than it did stock with no load it.
Can't wait to get the new programmer working, get more power and bump it up to around 20-21 MPG!
Unread 05-31-2013, 04:34 AM   #214
BGClemson

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We used to have a '01 Duramax 3500 crew cab long bed dually with just a programmer and exhaust and that alone was pretty fun. Wouldn't smoke tires, well never tried because was weary of blowing the trans, but a huge dually that can move is pretty dang fun too, and very unexpected in traffic!
We now have a '00 Dodge 2500 cummins, which has a fully built trans a bunch of internal motor add on's (not sure what but we bought it off our friend who did all the work and runs a performance/diesel performance shop). The chip we had on it went bad so now its stock tune but when it was working the truck towing a goose neck car hauler with 2 built jeeps on it would accelerate a little faster than it did stock with no load it.
Can't wait to get the new programmer working, get more power and bump it up to around 20-21 MPG!
Yeah, that's another great thing about programmers and no restrictive exhaust. If I am cruising on the highway it is not uncommon to get 21-22 mpg at any given time. Pretty sad when a truck twice the size and weight of the jeep with twice the power gets twice the gas mileage.
BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #215
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I thought I was the only one up and posting before 7 lol

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:18 AM   #216
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm up at 5 every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:29 AM   #217
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Hey guys.. Probably going to get flamed for owning a Patriot. This site has me looking to move to a JKU soon. You guys have some awesome Jeeps. Just wanted to say hey to all you guys in NC.. I spend most of my time in Charlotte but I live just over the boarder in SC.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:45 AM   #218
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLKW View Post
Hey guys.. Probably going to get flamed for owning a Patriot. This site has me looking to move to a JKU soon. You guys have some awesome Jeeps. Just wanted to say hey to all you guys in NC.. I spend most of my time in Charlotte but I live just over the boarder in SC.
Welcome! No flaming from us... well, as long as it isn't yellow.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:49 AM   #219
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Nope Rescue Green haha kidding.. Its Natural Green.. Not too many options out there for a Patriot but I have the RRO lift and a few other cosmetic items to try and make it look better.
1364914364126.jpg  
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:23 AM   #220
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Get outta here you fake Jeep mini minivan soccer mom street queen! Just kidding of course. All are welcome. No (real) flaming unless you are rolling 20's and LoPro's (and I don't mean the UCF bracket).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Welcome! No flaming from us... well, as long as it isn't yellow.
Meet Jake. He is very jealous of my paint scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #221
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Meet Jake. He is very jealous of my paint scheme.
Snapple fact # 436: yellow jeeps are awesome

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #222
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Get outta here you fake Jeep mini minivan soccer mom street queen! Just kidding of course. All are welcome. No (real) flaming unless you are rolling 20's and LoPro's (and I don't mean the UCF bracket).
Damn.. I was just looking at the awesome Jeeps under the Street Jeep Thread.. I'd love to have a set of 22's on my pavement princess

Actually I did check out that section and wanted to puke.. Somehow chrome and Jeeps just don't get along..
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #223
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLKW

Damn.. I was just looking at the awesome Jeeps under the Street Jeep Thread.. I'd love to have a set of 22's on my pavement princess

Actually I did check out that section and wanted to puke.. Somehow chrome and Jeeps just don't get along..
Yep I saw a got the had a thread "my new 22" rims" or something. And he had a lowering kit and everything. I was sad.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #224
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Somehow chrome and Jeeps just don't get along..
Don't knock the chrome. If done tastefully it can look pretty good. I chromed out my Comanche and I think it looks pretty good.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #225
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f180/...d-out-1525390/

This is more of what I was referring too...

Tags
badasses , nc guys , tyvanwie is a derp , tyvanwie is a sellout , who is ron?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.