NC door laws - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > NC door laws

New Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit CatalyPartsHubDirect: Hella LED Lighting, HID Xenon, Headlamps, Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic Halog

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #16
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^ I think I got 2 harley mirrors for under $40

Unread 09-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
Chester405
2000 TJ Wrangler 

there are no doors laws here in NC. there are a few cherokees that i see running around with no doors back in my hometown. the law says that you have to have a mirror but i have never heard an issue with someone getting pulled over or ticketed for it. i do run a modified cj mirror for when i have my doors off for safety issues and because i like having a driver-side mirror. but i would be shocked if anybody got into trouble for not having a mirror. i drove around all summer with no doors and one mirror and had no issues.
Chester405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 05:53 AM   #18
Dirtrider5490
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got pulled over some where between Wilmington and Charlotte, for a seat belt ticket and the cop just told me that some state troopers will write you for no mirrors. He said he had a jeep too, so he doesn't care. And for the no doors, there's no law. I have a rail buggy/sandrail that is just bars around you and as long as you can pass state inspection the cops could care less.
97 TJ, 4 banger, 5 speed, 2.5" RC lift, 1.75" BDS coil spacers up front, Tuffy center console, Hurst T-handle, 33x10.50 boggers, docked front bumper with 10k winch, rear warn bumper, No sway bars, Hella 500FFs on the windshield,

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Most cars punish you for imperfect maintenance with a slightly shortened life, while Jeeps tend to get pissed and explode in your face.
Dirtrider5490 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
Angelkeeper
2004 LJ Wrangler 

The law on doors is the wrangler is not required to have them and for the outside mirrors, you do not have to have them it's under statute 41 I believe, if you don't need it for inspection you don't need it to drive! I get my jeep inspected every year with no doors, top, outside mirrors, third brake lite, the only thing i failed for was the sticker on the windshield.
Angelkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #20
YJPirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelkeeper View Post
The law on doors is the wrangler is not required to have them and for the outside mirrors, you do not have to have them it's under statute 41 I believe, if you don't need it for inspection you don't need it to drive! I get my jeep inspected every year with no doors, top, outside mirrors, third brake lite, the only thing i failed for was the sticker on the windshield.
GS 41 has to deal with Lease and Mortgage of property. Try GS 20-126 that says you do have to have mirrors.

GS_20-126
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #21
Angelkeeper
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I was wrong it's GS 20-117.1 , That basically states that passenger vehicle (under 10000 lbs) you must have a clear line of sight through a rear view mirror, if no rear view mirror is present then the vehicle must have a side mirror on the drivers side.
Unread 09-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #22
Angelkeeper
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Plus GS 20-126(a) reads " any inside mirror installed in any moter vehicle by it's manufacturer shall be deemed to comply with the provisions of the subsection"

Last edited by Angelkeeper; 09-12-2009 at 01:44 PM..
Unread 09-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
YJPirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here's 20-126(b), looks plain and simple to me. I still dont follow it though.

Quote:
(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate upon the highways of this State any vehicle manufactured, assembled or first sold on or after January 1, 1966 and registered in this State unless such vehicle is equipped with at least one outside mirror mounted on the driver's side of the vehicle. Mirrors herein required shall be of a type approved by the Commissioner.
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2009, 05:21 AM   #24
Angelkeeper
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I don't think anyone with a wrangler do. see the main problem in when you try to goggle GS 20-126 you get NC GS chapter 20 motorcycle, when I bought my 04 new it came with a soft top and half soft doors installed no mirrors, the mirrors are on my full steel doors like most jeeps and they have factory tinted glass (not window film) I've removed those windows and have regular tinted windows because the old glass is illegal in most states, no the tint is not legal, but back to the side mirrors, being that the wrangler in one of the few vehicles the come with removable doors there really is no clear statute that covers outside mirrors (good for us!) and most law officials won't bother with you, unless you do something to draw there eye to you. Jeep wave atcha.
Unread 03-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #25
1clintbeastwood
1975 J-Series Truck 

i have two old chevy mirrors
1clintbeastwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
1clintbeastwood
1975 J-Series Truck 

m
Unread 03-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #27
1clintbeastwood
1975 J-Series Truck 

m ok
Unread 03-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #28
1clintbeastwood
1975 J-Series Truck 

t
Unread 03-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #29
1clintbeastwood
1975 J-Series Truck 

yep sorry tryn to get 25 posts
Unread 03-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #30
1clintbeastwood
1975 J-Series Truck 

gona take a while
my-j10.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.