Murphy Jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Murphy Jeepers

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Murphy Jeepers

Anyone on here from Murphy or Andrews?

Unread 03-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Hey man, sure is, im from murphy but live in Hayesville, now. Lotta trails up here and groups come up to hiwassee, ga all the time. There is another jeeper in Hayesville too. So welcome and come out and ride sometime!!!
Spideracdc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideracdc1 View Post
Hey man, sure is, im from murphy but live in Hayesville, now. Lotta trails up here and groups come up to hiwassee, ga all the time. There is another jeeper in Hayesville too. So welcome and come out and ride sometime!!!
Cool! I have been wanting to go out to Beasley Knob this summer with a group.
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Yea Beasley will be open on April fools. If not rainy or whatever. Hell i got a 12k winch and love just to have another to come along. The guy in Hayesville knows Beasley well, I been only once. There are several rides goin out that way in the summer. But for now we got quite a few trails in N.GA and i know of a goof one in Murphy, but that one is probably unpassable till summer. Whats yer build and Jeep? Trey and Bell is a good ride to get ur feet wet around here. Lemme know when yer down I can get another jeep to come too!!!
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

1998 TJ sahara, Dana turdy-five rear and a 30 front. Stock suspension I'll be getting 31's and stock JK springs and shocks when money allows.
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Eh u be alright on most trails, well hit me up when u wanna ride sometime.
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncYJ View Post
Hello, I am also in Hayesville, give a shout for a ride, there is a few lite trails in the area.
Hey u missed a ride Sunday, had some jeepers go tray ths Bell. Bell was unpassablr though, had 2 rubicons fail, im ready to wheel now man!!! Juat name where!!! Do u know of anywhere besides bell, tray, watershed, we can hit while winter is still here. Once it warms we will hit watershed , piney knob.
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Eh u be alright on most trails, well hit me up when u wanna ride sometime.

Will do! I'm also considering a 2" BB and Bilsteins... idk which I'll do yet.
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncYJ View Post
I may know of a few, I took one the other day and was a nice ride into the woods, a few rocks etc. Had to turn around due to a tree across the trail. I will be ready for piney when we can, still no winch, I do have recovery points front and back. My jeep is fairly capable so I would definitely give it a shot.
Dont be modest, u have a way more capable rig than most any wrangler not blessed with the rubicon stamping. I made it up bell, I just had to take another route up it. Yea i have alot more confidence in my rig now, so i be alot better off now finding other roites than givin up lol.
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

O which way would u take up trey at? I found another way in Hiwassee, swallows creek is one and another near the mtn at a forest service marker.
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #11
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Yea i found another route up tray right before the unicoi mtn starts up. Its a whole lot quicker and alot more fun. Its open right now, thats way i showed a group back down. Has a few nice mudholes. Its loops back around on a LONG road to the end of unicoi mtn on the helen side. How is the road on the helen side that all the groups come up, that way I have never been. Yea i just traded a shotgun for a bronco 2 and once runnin, it will be my dd, so ill be ready to lock my rig up. Do u know where any 35x12.50's are? Im tired of these 33's.
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #12
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post

Will do! I'm also considering a 2" BB and Bilsteins... idk which I'll do yet.
Btw if u are lookin for big rides out this way, it be best to look at the Georgia forum, most all rides up here accumulate from ATL. People from Ashville stay out that way and rarely go further west than ashville for trails. Tennessee stay in and around Chattanooga cause I know for a fact they have some sweet trails out there. Also Knoxville has an OHV park. So Tennessee rarely travels out here. Really the West NC group mostly stays with N.GA rides. Like WNCYJ and me we just have to keep a look out for the plentiful NC trails and hit one and maybe find a good trip to bring our group on. Btw WNCYJ my dad is gettin a membership to snowbird ORV which has quiet a bit of Tellico roads opemed becaise it connects to a 600 acre private land. The trails go through state line ridge and end up on Snowbird. My dad is tryin to find a long bed frame for his toyota that he is gonna build to take and hopefully get some rides through Tellico.
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Yea it was weird it was on sheep wallow or something thread. I was just browsing and some guy said something about puttin an np242 in his rig, and i told him y? No one ever puts one in they all take em out for np231. Then followed ot a while till someone wanted to ride bell. I told em to come on up id ride, then a group chimed in when it got bigger. Wjat made me mad was i was the moderator then a group member of n.ga jeepers didnt know me, so nominated a friend as captain. I got the boot, but they woulda been stuck on top of trey, cause they didnt know anyway down besides swallows creek, it was closed. Pricks, lol
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Btw if u are lookin for big rides out this way, it be best to look at the Georgia forum, most all rides up here accumulate from ATL. People from Ashville stay out that way and rarely go further west than ashville for trails. Tennessee stay in and around Chattanooga cause I know for a fact they have some sweet trails out there. Also Knoxville has an OHV park. So Tennessee rarely travels out here. Really the West NC group mostly stays with N.GA rides. Like WNCYJ and me we just have to keep a look out for the plentiful NC trails and hit one and maybe find a good trip to bring our group on. Btw WNCYJ my dad is gettin a membership to snowbird ORV which has quiet a bit of Tellico roads opemed becaise it connects to a 600 acre private land. The trails go through state line ridge and end up on Snowbird. My dad is tryin to find a long bed frame for his toyota that he is gonna build to take and hopefully get some rides through Tellico.
Alright I will check those out! Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.