Moving to NC from Toronto.. could use some advise - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Moving to NC from Toronto.. could use some advise

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeepYJ
Thanks for all that info. I am a hockey fan, and would ofcourse enjoy many games - esp if cheap

Unfortunately, I dont have much of a choice where I may be placed. I originally thought it would only be Charlotte or Raliegh, but not I've been given possibilities of Jacksonville and just today, Fayetteville.

What's Fayetteville like? I beleive its not too far from Raliegh, so that can's be too bad.
Fayetteville is an army city, Fort Bragg home of 82nd Airborne. They have some good areas but lots of crime. Fayetteville is apex 1 hour from Raleigh give or take. Its right of I-95 so its easy to go to a lot of places from there.

Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
cw12079
1996 ZJ 

I grew up in fayetteville and well has it good spots and not so good spots. As just like jacksonville is based around the military base. (my Dad is retired Army).Would i move back to fayetteville, not a chance. I have enjoyed it up in Raleigh area (now fuquay-varina) which is about 30-45 min from fayetteville/spring lake area.

The schools in wake county are far better than fayetteville, although Wake county as been having issues with reassignment and what not.

I can't say anything about the Charlotte area since I have only really just passed by going to the mountains.

Areas in Wake County

Apex- Cheaper than Cary but not for long.
Cary-Expensive but good place to raise a family.( High Concentration of Northerners)
Garner- Close to Raleigh/Cary/apex cheaper than apex cary and raleigh
Fuquay- Growing and still cheaper than all of the above
morrisville- on the expensive side
Holly springs-good area and growing alot.

Don't know how old your kids are but once they get out of high school, there are so many Colleges within the area to look at.

Duke,UNC, NC State, Wake Tech(community College), Wake Forrest. Many more smaller 4yr colleges to choose from.

So to me the area has so much to offer for a family.

Hope this helps.
cw12079 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.