Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013 - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #91
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Yes I'm Lou. Mike has told me he is in funds permitting.

As far as trails go we can individually make lists of trails we want to hit and go from there to try and plan an itinerary.
okay cool. Me, you, jake, and mike will all be similarly built so we should be able to all do about the same trails.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #92
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111

okay cool. Me, you, jake, and mike will all be similarly built so we should be able to all do about the same trails.
Hells is a good warm-up for everyone. Slick rock is a different beast than anything around.

I want to do Moab rim this trip too. Check that one out.

Any trails you guys want me to scout out let me know...I'm going in a month.
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #93
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111

Don't forget Art haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup

Hells is a good warm-up for everyone. Slick rock is a different beast than anything around.

I want to do Moab rim this trip too. Check that one out.

Any trails you guys want me to scout out let me know...I'm going in a month.
I'd like to check out Moab rim as well
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #94
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
okay Lu is AngryTJ on here right? And mike when are you planning on getting out there, or are you not sure if the TJ will be finished by then?

Only thing i care about is that we don't just simply trail ride all day and hit up some obstacles. but out there isn't there bypasses around all the hard obstacles for the less built rigs? I honestly don't know how wheeling out there is at all, all i know is how the east coast is.
I'm planning on getting out to Colorado Friday night after Lu and Mike (gspup) wheel Chinamen and then we are wheeling Holy cross and Independence I think Sat and Sunday then Lu and I would be headed for Moab Sunday night.

As for trails, I'm in for anything. I only did Hell's Revenge while I was there this past June and had a blast. Most trails have bypasses around anything hard where you can watch the guys willing try but not have to try yourself. My little brother and dad rented a stock 2 door JK with a Detroit in the rear and followed me everywhere on Hell's.

I know Art and I wanted to check out some of Area BFE.

As of right now, I'm in.... funds permitting of coarse.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #95
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500

I'm planning on getting out to Colorado Friday night after Lu and Mike (gspup) wheel Chinamen and then we are wheeling Holy cross and Independence I think Sat and Sunday then Lu and I would be headed for Moab Sunday night.

As for trails, I'm in for anything. I only did Hell's Revenge while I was there this past June and had a blast. Most trails have bypasses around anything hard where you can watch the guys willing try but not have to try yourself. My little brother and dad rented a stock 2 door JK with a Detroit in the rear and followed me everywhere on Hell's.

I know Art and I wanted to check out some of Area BFE.

As of right now, I'm in.... funds permitting of coarse.
Mine and jakes crew will probably be with y'all the majority of the time then I suppose. I know area bfe is an absolute must though for me.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #96
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Charles Wells book is a great guide for Moab . I would think Fins and Things would be a good first day trail as it is a sampling of most everything Moab has . Theres loose rock , fins , redrock , sand and much more . If everyone is up for it Hells Revenge is just around the corner . I have run a lot of the trails , but theres still a few I would like to try .

Meeting at City Market or Walkers Drug is fine by me . We are either going to stay at Canyonlands campground or LaQuinta for the first 4 or 5 days . Then we are heading south to Monticello to stay in the cabin and wheel Elephant hill and some of the southern stuff .
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #97
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Also, and not to over complicate things..... it looks were all planning for the same week but not all the same days, If we could all post up, maybe compile it in one post, exactly what days you're planning to be in MOAB and wheeling that would be helpful. If there's a day that most everyone is going to be present, maybe we can make a stronger effort to get everyone together in the same group to run a trail maybe have dinner and for a good photo op??? I'll start and I'll maintain the list if people start posting the info.

Gst95dsm: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Packing up and heading home on Thursday.
GBeasley: Saturday through Wednesday maybe Thursday and then we are heading south to Monticello .
Gspup: Wednesday night thru Saturday
MO2500: Monday through Friday, maybe Sat morning but will probably head out Sat.
AngryTJ: Monday-Sat June 8th
143DAD: Friday 31st though Wednesday or Thursday then south with Beasley.
YellowSnocone: Friday night to tuesday afternoon
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #98
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Also, and not to over complicate things..... it looks were all planning for the same week but not all the same days, If we could all post up, maybe compile it in one post, exactly what days you're planning to be in MOAB and wheeling that would be helpful. If there's a day that most everyone is going to be present, maybe we can make a stronger effort to get everyone together in the same group to run a trail maybe have dinner and for a good photo op??? I'll start and I'll maintain the list if people start posting the info.

Gst95dsm: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Packing up and heading home on Thursday.
GBeasley: Saturday through Wednesday maybe Thursday and then we are heading south to Monticello .
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #99
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #100
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
DANG IT!, you need to make this Wednesday MORNING! Although Thursday is possible for me to play, just gotta juggle how late I want to be on the road.
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #101
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Monday through Friday, maybe Sat morning but will probably head out Sat.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #102
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm

DANG IT!, you need to make this Wednesday MORNING! Although Thursday is possible for me to play, just gotta juggle how late I want to be on the road.
...well I should be leaving Tuesday night and arrive in Moab around 10. Just wanted to give myself a big buffer zone so no one gets too excited to see me. Haha
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #103
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
...well I should be leaving Tuesday night and arrive in Moab around 10. Just wanted to give myself a big buffer zone so no one gets too excited to see me. Haha
Well consider being available Wednesday, it's looking like so far the best chance for the entire group to get a run in.
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #104
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Monday through Friday, maybe Sat morning but will probably head out Sat.
I can still do some wheelin on Saturday, still gives me 2 days to get home.
Might make it home in a day, did so the last time, is a long day drive though
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #105
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
I can still do some wheelin on Saturday, still gives me 2 days to get home.
Might make it home in a day, did so the last time, is a long day drive though
AW, what are your days? If you don't mind me adding you to the list.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.