Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #76
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345
Any idea where the whole gang is going to be staying in Moab?
Or when and at what time to meet at the supermarket? It's an easy spot to find and a good meeting place
We could certainly meet at a supermarket in town.

I'm not sure about others but mike (mo2500) and I were planning to camp almost the entire time and when the other mike (gspup) comes down on Wednesday I believe he was planning to camp as well.

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #77
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
We could certainly meet at a supermarket in town.

I'm not sure about others but mike (mo2500) and I were planning to camp almost the entire time and when the other mike (gspup) comes down on Wednesday I believe he was planning to camp as well.
Meeting at the City Market works for me.

I plan on camping except for the last night I might get a hotel room. I got a few nice spots in mind Lu. Before you guys head out I'll give you GPS coordinates where I like to camp since your heading out before me.
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #78
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be staying at Moab rim camppark since the GF isn't up for camping.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #79
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone care to think up a basic itinerary? Or we just gonna wing it? I'm good either way..... but I am a planner! I've only been to MOAB once though, and I was a total newb so Fins and Things was the highlight of my trip.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #80
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ

I would have gladly jumped on this offer if I was closer.

Just to keep everyone in the loop who is planning on making this trip that my current plan (which is subject to change) is to head out to Denver, CO for either May 30th or 31st. Wheel Chinaman Gultch on Friday the 31st with Mike (Gspup). Mike (MO2500) will be meeting up with us on Sat June 1st to wheel independence trail and then Holy cross on Sunday June 2nd. After Holy cross we plan to drive down to Moab which is about 4 hours then wheel moab Monday June 3rd to Friday June 7th.

You guys are more then welcome to meet up and wheel in CO as well or we will meet everyone in Moab.
This still the tentative schedule?? If so we should maybe try to change the thread title

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #81
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111

This still the tentative schedule?? If so we should maybe try to change the thread title
Yup! I'm flying into Denver on may 31st for 9am. The plan is to meet up with gspup, grap my jeep and go straight to chinaman. Everything else remains the same as stated above

Edit: may even wheel Saturday June 8th half a day before heading back to Denver.
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #82
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

If I can get a few more parts, which I should be able to by then, I'm definitely in.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #83
Jankoid
Carpe deez nuts

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
If I can get a few more parts, which I should be able to by then, I'm definitely in.

We can discuss it at gulches in a couple weeks.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #84
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
You could do most of what we do . For the few areas you cant make it we can either pull you up or theres a bypass . I have been there many times in a lot of different rigs , you can and will have fun in most any 4x4 . Why not ask your dad to go ?
I will! I have some interview for an early college program today that my parents want me to do. So I'll try to say "If I do this, you have to come to Moab with me this summer" Wish me luck!
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #85
143DAD

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I'll be staying at Moab rim camppark since the GF isn't up for camping.
I know that Beasley and I have talked some about a plan, he know's Moab better then his own back yard.
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #86
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Anyone care to think up a basic itinerary? Or we just gonna wing it? I'm good either way..... but I am a planner! I've only been to MOAB once though, and I was a total newb so Fins and Things was the highlight of my trip.
We could come up with a basic itinerary. I think an Email chain with everyone who wants to be involved would be the best way to plan. As far as trail itinerary...I'm down for whatever we can kinda choose as we go and split up in smaller groups. One group might be getting a little to gnarly for me. I've been to Moab a good amount of times and theres so many trails to choose from.

My basic plan so far...

Pick up Lu from the airport Fri may 31st and head straigth to a trail...If time allows chinaman. Then wheel the rest of the weekend with them in CO.

I plan on meeting Lu/Mike in Moab on June 5th Wednesday night and head to my favorite area to camp near Kane Creek Canyon. All spots are free and dispersed, usually not too many people around other than cars driving by. This is a good area for anyone who wants to 'camp' more primitively with us/me. Anyone more interested PM me for more info. Then Lu and I are heading back to CO sometime June 8th.
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #87
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

We can discuss it at gulches in a couple weeks.
Sounds good

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #88
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

okay Lu is AngryTJ on here right? And mike when are you planning on getting out there, or are you not sure if the TJ will be finished by then?

Only thing i care about is that we don't just simply trail ride all day and hit up some obstacles. but out there isn't there bypasses around all the hard obstacles for the less built rigs? I honestly don't know how wheeling out there is at all, all i know is how the east coast is.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #89
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
okay Lu is AngryTJ on here right? And mike when are you planning on getting out there, or are you not sure if the TJ will be finished by then?

Only thing i care about is that we don't just simply trail ride all day and hit up some obstacles. but out there isn't there bypasses around all the hard obstacles for the less built rigs? I honestly don't know how wheeling out there is at all, all i know is how the east coast is.
Yes I'm Lou. Mike has told me he is in funds permitting.

As far as trails go we can individually make lists of trails we want to hit and go from there to try and plan an itinerary.
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #90
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

We can choose trails to make everyone happy. A lot of the trails have optional more difficult lines. Sone trails are just too hard unless your on big boy meats or willing to thrash your jeep. Mild to wild in Moab but theres something to make you happy. I'm up for some difficult wheeling...just not the crazy hard stuff.

Look up traildamage.com it's a great source for Moab trails. Also worth buying the Charles wells Moab book. Both have great description of trails to give you an idea of what trails you want to try.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.