Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013 - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #376
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Skeeters? I haven't seen a skeeter or hardly a bug of any kind.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #377
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

Most of Moab is good , but over by the river they were eating us alive . There is a marshy area behind the campground , or at least there was . I havent stayed there in over five years now .
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #378
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
how about 9 AM each morning at the city market. Some kinda posting of what runs, what days isn't a terribly idea, or split in a few groups some runs will be somewhat challenging and not that enjoyable for some folks and just about the right amount of excitement for others.
Some cell numbers pm ed to each other isn't a bad idea either
9am! slackers, haha. Ok... I'm pm'ing my number to Art, Beasley and Angry. And feel free to share it with anyone else in the group. 9am is cool, allows for some breakfast, and since I'll have my son that's going to add some time to my routine yelling at him to get ready.
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #379
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

After the first early day we started eating around 9 and hitting trails around ten. Getting done at 8 or 9pm makes a 9am start early enough.....this stuff wears you out. LOL.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #380
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
After the first early day we started eating around 9 and hitting trails around ten. Getting done at 8 or 9pm makes a 9am start early enough.....this stuff wears you out. LOL.
Just gotta knock them trails out 2 or 3 a day done by 3pm
Then time for a cold one
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #381
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I had two pm's this morning so I combined those and added me and my brother in laws info . I forwarded it to everyone that I think is going . If you didnt get a pm let me know . Once I have all the pm's back I will combine them into a final list and send them back out .

9 am at the City Market is fine by us .
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #382
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
They have bad skeeters
I literally was like WTF

Quote:
Then I saw this and was happy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
how about 9 AM each morning at the city market. Some kinda posting of what runs, what days isn't a terribly idea, or split in a few groups some runs will be somewhat challenging and not that enjoyable for some folks and just about the right amount of excitement for others.
Some cell numbers pm ed to each other isn't a bad idea either
I sent out my cell to a few of you. Feel free to PM me with yours.

This may be a stupid question but since I've never been there I have to ask, is there only one grocery store in town? I dont want to end up going to the wrong one, not have cell service, and get pissed.

I like the idea of a tentative trail run each day

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
9am! slackers, haha. Ok... I'm pm'ing my number to Art, Beasley and Angry. And feel free to share it with anyone else in the group. 9am is cool, allows for some breakfast, and since I'll have my son that's going to add some time to my routine yelling at him to get ready.
Im fine with 9am

Quote:
You guys did a ton of trails. How many did you average per day? What time does it get dark?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #383
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I sent my number to Beasley.

9am sounds like a great idea plenty of time for breakfast and morning prep for the misses.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #384
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

At least two a day. Dark around 8:30-9.

Unread 05-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #385
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

There is only one City Market, and its across from Walkers True Value. There is another grocery store down by the brewery, but its impossible to miss the City Market.
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #386
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

In five days we covered 145 off road miles.

Trails we did:

Monday:
Dome Plateau
Top of The World

Tuesday:
Fins-N-Things
Baby Lions Back
Poison Spider
Golden Spike (Golden Crack)
Gold Bar Rim

Wednesday:
Hell's Revenge (Hell's Gate, Escalator and Tip Over Challenge)
Cliff Hanger

Thursday:
Moab Rim
Kane Creek Canyon

Friday:
Strike Ravine
Area BFE

Oh, and Potato Salad Hill (silovich, not me)

That's half the difficult rated trails in the book.....we did them all in half the time listed in the book.

The $4 breakfast at Denny's is hard to beat... We ate at the Moab Diner and Susy's Branding Iron, which were both good.

Unread 05-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #387
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeff did you guys just go non stop? What time did you start and stop on that tuesday?
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #388
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Jeff did you guys just go non stop? What time did you start and stop on that tuesday?
Poison spyder is a loop of which Golden spike starts, Gold bar comes up after Golden spike and leads you back to the highway
So those three are pretty much ran as one trail
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #389
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Started Fins at 9:40am then went to Poison, Golden Spike, Gold Bar and ended just before 8pm. It was one hell of a fun day.

Unread 05-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #390
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

This time next week we will be getting ready for our first trails in Moab!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.