Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013 - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #361
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The trails I absolutely want to run are Poison Spyder/ Golden spike and Gold bar rim. (all connected) and Fins n things & Hells revenge that can be ran together since they are close. The rest of the time Im open to whatever.

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #362
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
The trails I absolutely want to run are Poison Spyder/ Golden spike and Gold bar rim. (all connected) and Fins n things & Hells revenge that can be ran together since they are close. The rest of the time Im open to whatever.
Metal masher and rusty nail are in the general area of
Golden spike and gold bar.
Metal masher has a few kewl spots, haven't done rusty nail and would like to give that a whirl
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #363
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I want to try Metal Masher and Rusty Nail as well.

Hey Beasley, I think I have another guy with a TJ on 35s that will wheel with us Saturday and Sunday

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #364
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
I want to try Metal Masher and Rusty Nail as well.

Hey Beasley, I think I have another guy with a TJ on 35s that will wheel with us Saturday and Sunday
Metal Masher is fun , Rusty Nail has some rough spots .
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #365
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

When you guys are coming through and need ANY help, whether its a break down or a broken weld or need a garage to wrench in, dont hesitate to hit me up. I'll gladly loan my garage and tools out if it'll help. Hope I get to wheel with you all while you're in CO.
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #366
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
When you guys are coming through and need ANY help, whether its a break down or a broken weld or need a garage to wrench in, dont hesitate to hit me up. I'll gladly loan my garage and tools out if it'll help. Hope I get to wheel with you all while you're in CO.
Thanks thats very nice of you.

With a big change in plans I was unable to get a company to ship my jeep out to Denver within my time constraints for a reasonable price so I will be driving to Denver.

Now instead of arriving on Friday and my jeep already being there I will be leaving CT Thursday May 30th after work and expecting to arrive Saturday night June 1st. I'm praying Mike gets his rig finished so we will convoy together and get the opportunity to wheel a trail in CO that Sunday the 2nd before heading to Moab.

As excited as I am for this trip I must say I am dreading this drive
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #367
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also need a backup plan for lodging. If Mike isnt able to make the trip I dont really want to camp by my lonesome haha.

What are you guys doing for cabins, hotels, or whatever?
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #368
143DAD

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Stop right there, the talk of Mike not making will not be allowed in this thread, the man has worked to hard to NOT make it.
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #369
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Also need a backup plan for lodging. If Mike isnt able to make the trip I dont really want to camp by my lonesome haha.

What are you guys doing for cabins, hotels, or whatever?
Moab valley rv
Canyonlands both have cabins for around 60 a night.
I am going to be staying in either one of those, or atleast that's the plan.
Just booked my lil cabin in the woods.
Angry ya might want to hurry booking or you have to sleep under the starry sky
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #370
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Canyonlands was sold out when I called them ! Guess they had some cancellations . Their location is the best if you want to be able to walk to dinner and then slosh back across the street from The Brewery .

On a positive note everything that had to be completed on the LJ is done ! Tomorrow is left for packing , maybe a cabin air filter install , and short second break in run . Then Sunday we are heading towards St Louis with a secret goal of Kansas City ... but if I mention that now there may be a mutiny
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #371
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I hope you guys have as much fun as we did....it was a totally awesome trip!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #372
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I hope you guys have as much fun as we did....it was a totally awesome trip!
You guys put down some off road miles , its going to be a tough act to follow
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #373
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Canyonlands was sold out when I called them ! Guess they had some cancellations . Their location is the best if you want to be able to walk to dinner and then slosh back across the street from The Brewery .

On a positive note everything that had to be completed on the LJ is done ! Tomorrow is left for packing , maybe a cabin air filter install , and short second break in run . Then Sunday we are heading towards St Louis with a secret goal of Kansas City ... but if I mention that now there may be a mutiny
I booked one Sunday till Sunday, have to move cabins once which is no big deal.
Moab valley RV resort is pretty nice also. Is at the entrance of town as soon as you go over the bridge
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #374
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
I booked one Sunday till Sunday, have to move cabins once which is no big deal.
Moab valley RV resort is pretty nice also. Is at the entrance of town as soon as you go over the bridge
They have bad skeeters which isnt a problem if you stay in the cabin . We were staying as a group and it made hanging out at the picnic tables into a deet fest .

What do yall think about setting a time that we can all meet each day at City Market ? Should we make a pm list with all of our phone numbers ? I will have internet at the Apache , but some of the group is camping beyond the cell tower range . Just floating some ideas so that we know when and where to go each morning .
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #375
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

how about 9 AM each morning at the city market. Some kinda posting of what runs, what days isn't a terribly idea, or split in a few groups some runs will be somewhat challenging and not that enjoyable for some folks and just about the right amount of excitement for others.
Some cell numbers pm ed to each other isn't a bad idea either

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.