Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I liked Hotel Rock , and I would like to run Elephant Hill / Beef Basin in Canyonlands . A lot of the stuff I have been on in Blanding isnt that tough , its more exploring and seeing Indian Ruins than anything .
Thats true. I grew up here so Indian ruins aren't too exciting to me. Did you go all the way back to Hotel Rock? pretty interesting. More moab motivation!

img_20121017_115745.jpg   tater-salad.jpg  
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
mjWJ12
2004 WJ 

I'll be moving to ft bragg in jan and me and the wife are from slc ut so this might be a fun road trip.

Sent from my WJ
(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/mjwj12-build-thread-1436508/"]Here is my Build Thread[/URL]
mjWJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Man I would LOVE to make this trip. I wont be able to swing it in June though

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I have a spot left on my trailer for late may, possibly early June next year.
We are driving out , if I put my wife and kids in the tow pig you would not make it past TN ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
There's a good chance this timing will work out good for me. I've just got to find out what day the last day of school is. No matter what though.... I'm really gong to try hard to make this trip happen.
It is going to be a good time , heck any time spent on the slick rock is good .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I met up with Mike this past June in Colorado and wheeled a couple days, I know he's interested in coming out with us if we go back out. Btw, I'm the "1 from MD" AngryTJ is referring to I believe. Would really like to go back around early June next year if I can swing it financially again, was a heck of a trip!
Start saving now !
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
I'm so in.
Hoping you guys all make it the same week otherwise I'll be doing multiple short weekend trips so I can roll with everyone.
I always camp on Kane Creek Rd in free primitive sites a few miles past the pritchett trailhead and get a hotel the night before I leave so I can clean up before the drive back.
It's beautiful camping in that canyon...
We will camp a few nights,but anymore than that and my family will revolt .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
Are you guys driving out from nc? That's a long drive, I've done it. But not in my jeep sadly

Edit: btw, I'm from graham, nc. I'm in Florida for college currently. Want to make sure I fit in over here in the nc section!
Yes we are driving out , it takes three days but it isnt too bad .

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I'm hoping to make it up that way early June as well. I think I'll be able to stay for a good four days.
The party is getting larger .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Thats true. I grew up here so Indian ruins aren't too exciting to me. Did you go all the way back to Hotel Rock? pretty interesting. More moab motivation!
I am not sure how far back we made it , we had to stop when I couldnt go any farther . My LJ couldnt clear what I think is the last bad ledge before you get to the top . We had a good time , it was a fun trail .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjWJ12 View Post
I'll be moving to ft bragg in jan and me and the wife are from slc ut so this might be a fun road trip.Sent from my WJ
Its three days via I 40 , get ready to love Tn

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Man I would LOVE to make this trip. I wont be able to swing it in June though
Sad days , we will drink a beer at the brewery in your honor .
Unread 12-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #20
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I have a spot left on my trailer for late may, possibly early June next year.
Yeah? That was one thing we were figuring out, If so it might be more cost effective for me to throw mine on your trailer. What do you haul with? It just depends on how many of us actually go as to what trailers we need. Ill have to bookmark you!
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #21
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquier92

Yeah? That was one thing we were figuring out, If so it might be more cost effective for me to throw mine on your trailer. What do you haul with? It just depends on how many of us actually go as to what trailers we need. Ill have to bookmark you!
My dad has a f650 and a 50 ft trailer, which can fit 4 Jeeps. 3 spots are already filled.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #22
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

My 2 CT buddies told me over the weekend they dont think they will be making the trip this upcoming year.

Im still planning for it though
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #23
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Man it would be cool to possibly ride with all these guys Jake. Sure would be fun. We'll talk about it when i head up there sometime over christmas break!

Mike when do you think you'll know if you can swing it? you should hop on the f650 caravan with us, would be more cost effective

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #24
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
Mike when do you think you'll know if you can swing it? you should hop on the f650 caravan with us, would be more cost effective
You talking to me? Not sure when I can give a definite yes or no. I might be a little out of your way to hop on the cool bus with you guys but PM an approximate cost to do so if you don't mind.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #25
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You talking to me? Not sure when I can give a definite yes or no. I might be a little out of your way to hop on the cool bus with you guys but PM an approximate cost to do so if you don't mind.
i just texted jake to PM you. so it should be coming soon.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just found this post, have been to EJS before and its fun but there are so many vehicles and Moab is always funner with a small group of friends. Hope to join you guys there in June!

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #27
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm trying to have some of my military buddies come up as well.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

In 2003, seven families from my 4x4 club caravaned out to Moab from TN. It took a year to plan, so you have a good start. It took 35 hours to get there if I recall... and that was driving straight through in shifts.

We were so excited when we got there that we unloaded, aired down and hit fins and things half asleep.

Overall the trip was a blast!! We stayed there a week and hit all the famous trails. We were there when you could run Lower and Upper Helldorado and did both. They were still pretty new trails then. Winched out the waterfall on Upper at 3:00AM (ahhh memories)

If you don't mind a TJ from TN... I may try to work this trip out. It's been too long!
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #29
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Been looking at my pics and really want to make this happen again.

What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #30
blackouttj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Been looking at my pics and really want to make this happen again.

I've got 2 weeks of vacation, a trailer and a crew cab duramax. I'm down... If i don't beat my jeep to death before then
blackouttj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.