Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013 - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 04-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #256
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
The Zeon is very cool looking. If I could find the Warn Zeon 8-S with 100' Spydura I'd be game for that.

Not a big swing out tire carrier fan and I dont like all that weight hanging off the back. I'll probably just put the tire behind the back seat for now.

I'm going to keep the light weight theme going and ditch the heavy stuff (rear bumper, front fenders, winch cable, etc). Oh and a good cage.
Sounds like a good plan and an excellent base to start with. I'm not a fan of swing outs either, it's much nicer having as little overhang behind the rear tires as possible.

What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #257
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have both a m8000 wanr and a 9000 something warn on either one of my Jeeps, both have been thoroughly used and abused, both good and dependable winches, some of the Superwinches aren't a bad choice either.
Nice LJ.
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #258
boilerup1998

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ
4'' Currie, 1.25'' BL, tummy tuck, 35's, m8000...
I'm not a big fan of shiny things, but I really like the classic look of those. If I'm not mistaken those are made by Alcoa an are no longer produced, right?
boilerup1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #259
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerup1998 View Post
I'm not a big fan of shiny things, but I really like the classic look of those. If I'm not mistaken those are made by Alcoa an are no longer produced, right?
My understanding they are from Summit racing (which might be Alcoa).
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #260
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Moab 2013 Itinerary

Saturday - June 1st . Fins and things . It is a great sampling of what Moab has to offer and can show the first timer what to expect .
Hells Revenge can also be run from here very easily or we could take Sand Flats up to Geyser pass for some summertime snow wheeling. Or we could run out Potash and go up Long Canyon trail . This is a mellow trail that goes up to dead horse point . Dead Horse is an amazing place to go see , and the views are incredible .

Sunday - June 2nd. Moab Rim trail . For whatever reason I have only hiked this trail . There are a few ledges on the way up that require attention , but once we are past those its not too bad . Lots of neat stuff up top along with lots of great views .

Monday- June 3rd . Poison Spider / Golden Spike ? For those so inclined we could run the spike all the way to Gold Bar Rim and Gemini Bridges . For those that dont want to run an 8 hour trail they could loop back around and go back down Poison Spider .

Tuesday-June 4th . Steel Bender . Really fun trail that follows Mill creek all the way south to Kens Lake . Very fun trail with a pretty big water crossing at the end .

Wednesday-June 5th. Flat Iron Mesa . This one is south of town a ways but has lots of different terrain . There is one spot I will bypass as it is exceptionally tight and the drop off is huge . But I will gladly guide anyone who wants to drive around the corner o' death .

Thursday-June 6th . Elephant Hill . Way south of town , you have to really want to wheel this trail as it is south of town by over an hour by the time you drive through Canyonlands to get to the trailhead . You will need to buy a pass from the park to run this one and it will be mostly the blind leading the blind as I have only hiked the first two miles of this trail as the rental car had no chance of making it up the hill .

Friday-June 7th . Hotel Rock trail south of Blanding . Its out there ... I mean really out there . But the trail is fun and there wont be anyone else there besides us .

Saturday-June 8th Snake house / via Comb Wash . Awesome Indian Ruins at the end of a sandy/ledgy trail . On the way back we could hit comb wash or the Moki Dugway .

The 7th and 8th are way south of town , but thats where me and my brother in law will be staying . Theres a chance we may stay in Moab for the week and go to Monticello on the 8th . All of the trails listed above are suggestions that I pulled out of my head from past trips . You have seen most of them in the magazines and videos , but there are some notable trails missing . Such as Cliff Hanger , Pritchett Canyon and Behind the Rocks . There are many more beyond those , but they are the more famous ones off the list . If anyone wants to run those we can split the group in two depending on abilities and run separate trails for the day .

Again the trails above are just suggestions and I am open to all ideas and inputs .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Id still like to get some more people on this list, just so we know who's gonna be in the area on what days....

Gst95dsm: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Packing up and heading home on Thursday.
GBeasley: Saturday through Wednesday maybe Thursday and then we are heading south to Monticello .
Gspup: Wednesday night thru Saturday
MO2500: Monday through Friday, maybe Sat morning but will probably head out Sat.
AngryTJ: Monday-Sat June 8th
143DAD: Friday 31st though Wednesday or Thursday then south with Beasley.
YellowSnocone: Friday night to tuesday afternoon
aw12345: Monday through Friday, can stay Saturday also
Here is my tentative agenda for my time out there:

Monday: I'm all in for joining Beasley and whomever else on Poison Spyder/ Golden spike

Tuesday: Fins n things

Wed: Hells Revenge

Thursday: Elephant Hill

Friday: I assume friday is when some will be going to BFE so Gspup and I may break off and run Top of the World

Saturday: possible a short early day run then head out

We'll see what happens there are so many trails I'd love to run

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #261
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Beasley, I dont know about summertime snow wheeling. I just drove through and there isnt much left already.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #262
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post

Here is my tentative agenda for my time out there:

Monday: I'm all in for joining Beasley and whomever else on Poison Spyder/ Golden spike

Tuesday: Fins n things

Wed: Hells Revenge

Thursday: Elephant Hill

Friday: I assume friday is when some will be going to BFE so Gspup and I may break off and run Top of the World

Saturday: possible a short early day run then head out

I'm sure there are a few days we could run 2 trails or more. I'm all in for whatever as long as we are wheeling. Would like to run as much as possible Monday-Friday.
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #263
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I'm sure there are a few days we could run 2 trails or more. I'm all in for whatever as long as we are wheeling. Would like to run as much as possible Monday-Friday.
Gotta fit rustynail, metal masher, on the rocks and pritchet canyon in there somewhere.
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #264
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post

Agenda 2.0 will likely change a million more times Im sure

Monday: I'm all in for joining Beasley and whomever else on Poison Spyder/ Golden spike. (other nearby trails include moab rim, cliff hanger, and Pritchett canyon)

Tuesday: Fins n things & Hells revenge can be ran together since they are close (other nearby trails include Porcupine Rim, Potatoe Salad hill, and Steel Bender)

Wed: Metal Masher & Rusty Nail (other nearby trails include little canyon, bull canyon, Gold bar rim and Four Arches Canyon)

Thursday: Elephant Hill - Mike (gspup) wants to run this trail and since Beasley and others are also I will tag along. Id also like to check out the Colorado river and Canyon rim overlook since they are nearby. Very scenic areas.

Friday: Flat Iron Mesa maybe then meet up with the others at Area BFE since its nearby?

Saturday: Top of the World on the way out of town since its near I-70

thoughts on the above?

I think for the most part we would all have fun on these trails and if some of the more built Jeeps wanna run something different on Thursday thats fine

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #265
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Anything sounds good to us. We are happy and excited to just get out there!
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #266
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm happy with that. I think that's a good tentative agenda and if we need to make changes on the fly or others want to run different trails we can split off into groups as we go.
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #267
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

For soime Kane creek might be a nice trail, fairly easy but very scenic as long as there is no rain in the forecast
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #268
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Hey Beasley, I dont know about summertime snow wheeling. I just drove through and there isnt much left already.

This was me on 36 inch tires 6/17/05 so I was hoping there would be some snow left this time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
You are correct that you can run two or more trails some days .
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Gotta fit rustynail, metal masher, on the rocks and pritchet canyon in there somewhere.
Pritchett is a tough trail . If you run it expect some damage , same with Rusty Nail . Metal Masher is fun , and the crazy stuff has bypasses .
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
For soime Kane creek might be a nice trail, fairly easy but very scenic as long as there is no rain in the forecast

Kane Creek eats vehicles when it rains . If its dry it is a fun trail with just one rough section of ledges .
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #269
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

This was me on 36 inch tires 6/17/05 so I was hoping there would be some snow left this time
Well it just snowed a bit and it is supposed to snow tomorrow too and im down at 6200'. Hopefully it will build up a bit and there will still be some in June

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #270
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Well it just snowed a bit and it is supposed to snow tomorrow too and im down at 6200'. Hopefully it will build up a bit and there will still be some in June
If its there I will go wheeling in it and let the kids play . Its fun to load the floorboards up with snow and then have a snowball fight at the brewery . The snowballs would almost vaporize as soon as they hit the parking lot . There were a lot of confused people there after we finished up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.