Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013 - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Moab Utah June 1st - June 14th 2013

Advance Adapters SYE Kits** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #196
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well here goes it's a rock

Just drive over it.

Those videos were cool, good flex and wheel travel will be a big help. The Sammy's and the YJ got some good air.
I bet you will get atleast 1 tire way up in the air

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #197
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like the key was NOT to stick with a bad line, and to reset, which I do naturally anyways once I pick a line. Unless I happen upon a line that just ends up working out well from begin to end. I never force a line. My only fear right now is being to excited to be there and getting shaky clutch foot!
gst95dsm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #198
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Well here goes it's a rock

Just drive over it.

Those videos were cool, good flex and wheel travel will be a big help. The Sammy's and the YJ got some good air.
I bet you will get atleast 1 tire way up in the air
First photo, badass, second don't even look real!, third.. you carry a spare!!!, that's so 2010!
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #199
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
First photo, badass, second don't even look real!, third.. you carry a spare!!!, that's so 2010!
After cutting a krawler, it seemed like a good idea to carry a spare now and then
The extra weight makes the rear suspension happy also.

The lil CJ3B is a poster child of homebuilt and recycled parts. That thing is such a cool built
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #200
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
After cutting a krawler, it seemed like a good idea to carry a spare now and then
The extra weight makes the rear suspension happy also.

The lil CJ3B is a poster child of homebuilt and recycled parts. That thing is such a cool built
Right on! Your big boy rig is what we all dream about, and you have both.... and you built it. Gotta love it.
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #201
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The lil Cj is a wheelin bud's, I just love all the ingenuity that went into it

Here is my lil Jeep, next to my buddy Fred's big boy Jeep

That ought to be enough thread derailment for the day
Unread 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #202
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I have been following this thread as my wife and I would like to visit Moab. I believe we are tentatively in if you guys will have us. What's the current status for accommodation ideas? Also I think we will be driving the jeep there so we might bring our hardtop and hopefully someone could help me take it off for trail runs?
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #203
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg
Hey guys, I have been following this thread as my wife and I would like to visit Moab. I believe we are tentatively in if you guys will have us. What's the current status for accommodation ideas? Also I think we will be driving the jeep there so we might bring our hardtop and hopefully someone could help me take it off for trail runs?
I don't see an issue with joining. Any of us would be willing to help with the hardtop that's not a big deal.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #204
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg View Post
Yes please join us! Plenty of help on the hard top removal. I've done lots of research in regards to accommodations, unless you are tent camping. If you are thinking cabin, look at Canyonlands. If you are thinking Hotel, they range from $80 at the cheapest to $200. I settled on the Moab Valley Inn, @ $105 a night that has good reviews and is in a central location. The cabin in the canyonlands rv park seem to be the most cost effective way to stay in MOAB besides a paid tent campsite, or truly roughing it in the dirt. Hope this helps.
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #205
143DAD

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg View Post
We are down at Pack Creek Cabins, and will be glad to help on the hard top. I'm bring all of my support gear i.e. generator, welder, torch, jacks, hand tools, ETC and some spare parts. Oh and the kitchen sink for my wife.
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #206
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143DAD View Post
We are down at Pack Creek Cabins, and will be glad to help on the hard top. I'm bring all of my support gear i.e. generator, welder, torch, jacks, hand tools, ETC and some spare parts. Oh and the kitchen sink for my wife.
That's good to know.... can my welder stay home then??? I was going to bring it?
Unread 03-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #207
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143DAD View Post
That is a lot of tools and equipment to take for Moab wheeling.
Other than BFE and maybe Pritchet most of the stuff is challenging, but not hard on Jeeps unless you decide to do a big oops
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #208
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Wow thanks for all the awesome information. I will do some research and get lodging firmed up this weekend. We haven't decided on the length we are staying but we have the 31st-8th so I will review the thread to see exactly when people are there.
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #209
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That is a lot of tools and equipment to take for Moab wheeling.
Other than BFE and maybe Pritchet most of the stuff is challenging, but not hard on Jeeps unless you decide to do a big oops
I was thinkin about bringin my welder Art.... it's 110 capable, and I figure with flux core.... could get someone out of a jam if something works loose. But if he's gonna have one already.... I won't.
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #210
boilerup1998

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Are most people going out the first week in June or the second?
boilerup1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.