Max Patch Work Day - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Max Patch Work Day

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Max Patch Work Day

Hello Folks!

As most of you have heard, there were some vandals that tore up Max Patch earlier this year, around the time it snowed, which happens to be near the end of Hurricane Creek. In fear of the forest service shutting down Hurricane Creek, the folks on NC4x4 have been setting up a work day with the forest service, showing that, hey, there are good off roading people who just want to have a good time, and NOT destroy everything in their path.

Good news, the vandals HAVE been caught, citations have been handed out, however, that still puts out a bad rep for 4x4's of all kinds.

I do not have dates currently, I will be posting them as soon as I do, but I just wanted to give folks a heads up and see who all might be willing to help out.

Thanks!

Corigirlloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
katuah
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If it's a weekend I can get up there, I will help out gladly. I love Max Patch, one of my favorite places on earth.
katuah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looking at march 16th, time idk yet but we would appreciate the help!
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
wrangleray
2014 JK Wrangler 

Cori, Hope you are well! If I am not working that weekend....count me in! Hope to see you soon. Ray
wrangleray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ray! Great to hear from you! I will surely be there and hope to see you there!

The forest service will be providing hay and grass seed, we will need to bring our own rakes and whatever equipment you'd prefer to use. The date again is 3/16/13 and the time will be starting around 9-10 and go from there.
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
wrangleray
2014 JK Wrangler 

Cori, Any interest generated for the Saturday clean-up? I am available to help out. Ray
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey-

Just got some disappointing news- someone vandalised max patch again. I don't know when or with what, but the work day has been CANCELLED due to the vandalism. The forest service wants to secure the gate once again before cleaning. I will keep this thread updated as soon as I hear anything, otherwise, this is all I know at the moment. This just makes me so angry.
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corigirlloves View Post
Hey-

Just got some disappointing news- someone vandalised max patch again. I don't know when or with what, but the work day has been CANCELLED due to the vandalism. The forest service wants to secure the gate once again before cleaning. I will keep this thread updated as soon as I hear anything, otherwise, this is all I know at the moment. This just makes me so angry.
Wow that's messed up. I just don't understand people sometimes. Keep us posted, I'd love to help out in any way I can.
Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
wrangleray
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ditto on Spladow comments......bummer! Cori...fyi....I don't know how often you guys have meetings , but if you have a chance, check out Rockys chicken shack on Patton Ave for the next meet and greet. Pretty cool open dining room on the side. Ray
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

please keep us updated on any future work days. I would like to come up and help.
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I sure will.

Ray- I have been to Rocky's! It's pretty delicious I must say. I think the patio would be a great idea, May 18th is National Go Topless Day maybe we could all meet up there or something!
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Luallas bbq is the best place to eat in asheville on merrimon ave. I love ashevegas
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #13
PazMan

Hey Cori, was wondering if you could give me any updated info on Max Patch. My wife & I were planning on doing a hike there this coming weekend for easter weekend. Do you know if the area is even accessible, and if so, would it be worth going up there despite the damage? I'm wondering if there is any nice spots at the top still to hang out on and watch the sunrise. I'm just stunned and so pissed that someone would do this on the AT!!
PazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #14
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I will keep you posted, I messaged another guy on the other forums who has been in touch with the forest service trying to get something worked out. I believe it is still accessible but I am not 100% sure. The damage is lots of mud tracks and donuts that were done towards the top, I know the view is still gorgeous but hiking it might not be so enjoyable.
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey guys! May 4th is the new date!!
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.