Looking to meet some people - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Looking to meet some people

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looking to meet some people

Hey everyone. Fairly new to the area here, and fairly new to wheelin. would like to meet some people and get to know the in's and out's and some places to go. I'm located around the Morganton area of NC. anything's cool with me. thank's all

Trying to get together with the Trail Jammers guys as i see they are around this area. But mostly trying to get together with anyone willing to cruise and go wheelin. Thanks.

Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Theres always groups heading to Uwharrie. When a new thread about a trip comes, say you want in. They will be glad to have new faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Uwharrie is down around Charlotte yeah? thanks for the tip
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow View Post
Uwharrie is down around Charlotte yeah? thanks for the tip
Haha no. Not quite. Its actually on the other side of Albemarle in Troy, NC. Right past Lake Tillery.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 01-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
03WJDave
2003 WJ 

Spladow also look up NC4X4.com, tons of guys from your area and the rest of the state.
Unread 01-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

haha ok, i guess ill google map Uwharrie to really see where it is cus i have no idea where any of those places are. thanks. And yes im gonna go check out the NC4x4 right now to get some info. thank you both
Unread 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

anyone up for just a get together? maybe a meet and greet, or just a social event. 1-infinity people. i dont know one single person in the area and am jobless at the moment so that does no help at all. trying to meet some guys / gals, jeep people / 4x4 people...anyone haha. im an ex military guy who moved here to help his parents out in a hard time and i got a jeep and im willing to play, learn, destroy, repair, cruise. lacated in the Morganton area. thanks
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
vulcanclassic
2012 JK Wrangler 

You got Brown Mountain and the Flats, both off-road parks not far from you at all there in Morganton...

Winston Salem here but I go out that way a lot, both in my Jeep and on motorcycles with the wife when weather is good, also nice USFS roads near Linville Gorge Wilderness area, Tablerock, etc. Just head north on NC 181 or old NC105
vulcanclassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow View Post
anyone up for just a get together? maybe a meet and greet, or just a social event. 1-infinity people. i dont know one single person in the area and am jobless at the moment so that does no help at all. trying to meet some guys / gals, jeep people / 4x4 people...anyone haha. im an ex military guy who moved here to help his parents out in a hard time and i got a jeep and im willing to play, learn, destroy, repair, cruise. lacated in the Morganton area. thanks
If you get a NC meet & greet thrown together, Ill be there. Been wanting to go to one but never have

Quote:
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
Metallheadd
1998 ZJ 

Im in Cleveland near Statesville. Im looking to do some exploring this spring and would like to get together with some that know the trails. Gotta get the JK off the pavement.
Metallheadd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
DisneyNut
2008 KK Liberty 

We are in Granite Falls and go wheeling all of the time. Anytime you want to join us, just let us know. My fiance is Reznory (here and on NC4x4). We are actually members of TrailJammers. Look forward to meeting you.
Official photographer of White Jeep #134
DisneyNut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

haha man i need to get on google maps or something and find out where these places you all are, cuz I'm clueless. would defintly like to meet up with some people. don't know where to wheel or where to start. thanks for all the reply's everyone.
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
DisneyNut
2008 KK Liberty 

Brown Mtn and Uwharrie are closed until April. The Flats is not open to the public all of the time (but we are members of Rock Corps and can get in). There is Richland Rd between Lenoir and Blowing Rock. More options in the spring/summer but we have plenty to do around here anytime.
Official photographer of White Jeep #134
DisneyNut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks. Appreciate the good info. Never been to any of those places but from pics here on the forum it looks pretty cool. If anything comes up, id like to join if possible. Thank you
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #15
HannahWCU
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You missed a good rookie run up Richland Rd. Saturday. If you are on facebook, look up Charlotte Offroad or Charlotte Jeep Group.
HannahWCU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.