Just got a Wrangler in the Raleigh Area - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-02-2008, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
wcusoccerguy04
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just got a Wrangler in the Raleigh Area

I just bought a Wrangler and I live in Raleigh. Now I'm trying to find a club to join. I'm also trying to find a place that will install a lift kit. I know that Four Wheeling of Raleigh off of Westgate will install, but I'm wondering if there are any other places??? I'm just getting started with the whole Jeep experience and want to learn as much as possible about my toy (must have accessories/upgrades, accessories/upgrades that aren't really necessary, good trails, etc...). By the way I have a stock '06 LJ (I know some people don't think that the LJs are true Wranglers, but at least it was before they completely changed the styling). Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
DonohueNC
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Get "The Jeep Owner's Bible" the Haynes Repair Manual for your rig, and the "Jeep 4x4 Performace Handbook". They will be about the best starting point for you to learn some honest to god truths about your rig and the mods out there without getting things too clouded by peoples' (sometimes jaded) opinions. Once you have the facts, opinions make a great fine tuning though. These books will help you make some decisions down the road on which way to go with various upgrades, and the Haynes book will be invaluable once you (inevitably) have to start tearing things apart.

If this is your first Jeep, then congradulations and condolances. It's an addiction.

'98 TJ, 60s, 40s, Comp Cut, Flat Fendered

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.