Just got a Wrangler in the Raleigh Area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Just got a Wrangler in the Raleigh Area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
wcusoccerguy04
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just got a Wrangler in the Raleigh Area

I just bought a Wrangler and I live in Raleigh. Now I'm trying to find a club to join. I'm also trying to find a place that will install a lift kit. I know that Four Wheeling of Raleigh off of Westgate will install, but I'm wondering if there are any other places??? I'm just getting started with the whole Jeep experience and want to learn as much as possible about my toy (must have accessories/upgrades, accessories/upgrades that aren't really necessary, good trails, etc...). By the way I have a stock '06 LJ (I know some people don't think that the LJs are true Wranglers, but at least it was before they completely changed the styling). Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

wcusoccerguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
DonohueNC
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Get "The Jeep Owner's Bible" the Haynes Repair Manual for your rig, and the "Jeep 4x4 Performace Handbook". They will be about the best starting point for you to learn some honest to god truths about your rig and the mods out there without getting things too clouded by peoples' (sometimes jaded) opinions. Once you have the facts, opinions make a great fine tuning though. These books will help you make some decisions down the road on which way to go with various upgrades, and the Haynes book will be invaluable once you (inevitably) have to start tearing things apart.

If this is your first Jeep, then congradulations and condolances. It's an addiction.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.