July 4th - Wheeling / Camping Trip Suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > July 4th - Wheeling / Camping Trip Suggestions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-17-2014, 04:56 AM   #1
RUMHAM03

July 4th - Wheeling / Camping Trip Suggestions

Hey everybody, what are some good places in NC to go wheeling and do a little camping? I'm in Jacksonville in the Marines but I've really never gone around the state yet.

RUMHAM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
ODB-XK
1989 YJ Wrangler 

URE is a safe place to get your feet wet. Get a trail pass and pretty much camp just about anywhere you want. They do have pay camp sites with electric and a bath house but they may be booked by now.
ODB-XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
BillyP

URE or Uwharrie National Forest is about 4 hours drive. They have campgrounds, trail camping, and easy to moderate trails. They have a website at - http://www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/nfsnc/recreation

There is a 4X club in the Jacksonville area. They make trips to URE all the time, and other places futher away. They have a facebook site at - https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/c...trailstalkers/
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

I'm debating between URE or Freeman Park for the 4th. Decisions...

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
PortCity41
1978 CJ5 

Freeman Park will be an absolute Zoo on the 4th! We used to do it every 4th, till around 3 years ago, the crowds just got too big getting on the beach. Maybe it was just a bad day, but I waited several times in line, well over an hour to get out there. Just may want to keep that in mind, if deciding to go there.

Never been to URE, but have to imagine it won't be as crazy.
PortCity41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity41 View Post
Freeman Park will be an absolute Zoo on the 4th! We used to do it every 4th, till around 3 years ago, the crowds just got too big getting on the beach. Maybe it was just a bad day, but I waited several times in line, well over an hour to get out there. Just may want to keep that in mind, if deciding to go there.

Never been to URE, but have to imagine it won't be as crazy.
I went to Freeman last year on the 4th, it wasn't too bad. It was definitely crowded but we still were able to find a waterfront spot to park and there was a very small line to get on the sand.

Uwharrie will have lots of drunk rednecks, Freeman will have lots of bikinis.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using JeepForum

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #7
PortCity41
1978 CJ5 

You got a point on the bikini's! haha. Have fun!
PortCity41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.