Jeep Trip To NC!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Jeep Trip To NC!!

Huge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #16
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnckrawler View Post
To each his own. I wouldn't wheel anywhere but the mountains for FREE. But if you want to deal with a crowd or an ORV park then go to URE. If you like it quiet, and wild go to WNC.
Have you ever actually been to URE? That doesnt describe the place at all.

Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #17
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Have you ever actually been to URE? That doesnt describe the place at all.
I think what krawler is saying is why would you pay to wheel your jeep when you can ride trails just as difficult/fun as URE for free here in the mountains.
Theirs nothing you have at URE that we dont have around here, and its all free if you know where to go.
Nothing wrong with URE if you live near there, but if anyone is planning a trip to wheel in nc, theirs enough trails around here to get out in the woods & wheel away from those heavily used orv parks.
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #18
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Another vote for Uwharrie, but I've never wheeled these "free trails"
Unread 05-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #19
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

If you guys come up this way, to either spot, let us know and we will hit up the Gulches!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #20
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Where is that at?
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #21
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post
I think what krawler is saying is why would you pay to wheel your jeep when you can ride trails just as difficult/fun as URE for free here in the mountains.
Theirs nothing you have at URE that we dont have around here, and its all free if you know where to go.
Nothing wrong with URE if you live near there, but if anyone is planning a trip to wheel in nc, theirs enough trails around here to get out in the woods & wheel away from those heavily used orv parks.
You have any videos of what some of these places look like? I'm partial to the mountains and just trying to get away.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
Unread 05-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #22
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
Where is that at?
It is in Laurens County SC. It is about 1hr south of asheville and about 2ish from URE, I am guessing. We are in Anderson SC and it is about 40min north of us. Great park!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
You have any videos of what some of these places look like? I'm partial to the mountains and just trying to get away.
Check out the nc page here for bill & teds excellent adventure, we have our last 4 rides on here with pics & more info.
Go to ride #2, page 7 i think has tons of pics & i think everyone's comments about the trip speaks for itself. Hell theirs outdoor/adventure company's that sell trips like this in our area. Maybe we should re-think the whole free thing, seems everyone that pays for URE is happy.....

If you'll tell us when/where you'll be, then we can plan a weekend ride.
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post
Check out the nc page here for bill & teds excellent adventure, we have our last 4 rides on here with pics & more info.
Go to ride #2, page 7 i think has tons of pics & i think everyone's comments about the trip speaks for itself. Hell theirs outdoor/adventure company's that sell trips like this in our area. Maybe we should re-think the whole free thing, seems everyone that pays for URE is happy.....

If you'll tell us when/where you'll be, then we can plan a weekend ride.
I checked out rides 2, 3, and 4. Looks like a great time, sent those threads to my buddy to check out, he's keeping an eye on this one too.

time to scope out YouTube too.

Hardrock (rock quarry) down in ocala is 25 for the day. Free would be great considering it'll be one heck of a drive up there lol
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #25
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

Another uwharrie vote

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #26
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

URE is $5 a day or $30 for a year pass. Pretty damn cheap if you ask me.
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #27
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Jason, I've heard of the gulches but don't know much about it, is it a cool place?

Might see if we can include that on the trip, long jeepin weekend
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #28
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
URE is $5 a day or $30 for a year pass. Pretty damn cheap if you ask me.
When URE is closed for the winter i'll be glad to show ya'll some of these trails for $5/day or $30 for the year.
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #29
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, it is a great place! We were there this past Saturday night for their first night ride of the season and are going back this Saturday! They have camping there and a cabin you can rent if you want to stay the night. Check them out on youtube as well. There is some cool videos there that shows the part pretty good!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #30
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker

When URE is closed for the winter i'll be glad to show ya'll some of these trails for $5/day or $30 for the year.
You going to pay for my gas to get there? That's a long drive for me to those places.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.