Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jacksonville/ camp lejeune

22K views 287 replies 39 participants last post by  BillyP 
#1 ·
Anybody around the area?

#136 ·
USMCBuckWild said:
Not sure. Some things just popped up, that and Angie needs books for school and that takes precedence. I think I mis-judged and straight fudged up when I installed the 8.8. Now I just need to fix my mistake. I'm not too upset, in the words of myfirst boss: To err is human; try not to be human too often.

When I do the SYE I want to bring the t-case back up and put some belly armor on. If I am going to attempt to hit the trail with you, I am gonna need some idiot proofing to keep damage down.
What did you do wrong with the 8.8? Pinion?

Once you get the sye we'll bring your trans up and build a skid.

Then we need to hit the trails. Im hoping maybe late next month. I want to take some leave

#138 ·
I purposely set the pinion a little low, but now it seems to be too low. Not sure if the springs are settling funny or what, but the pinion angle is pointing to far down. I have a set of shims, but I would rather it be right than half-assed with shims. I'm on leave now for a few days, start the new job on Monday.

#139 ·
i think you're definitely going to have problems trying to set pinion seeing that your 4" SOA without a SYE. normally without a SYE you would set the pinion parallel with the trans output. but that would give you a STEEEEEEEP driveline angle.

what're you doing this weekend? wanna come over and **** with my jeep with me? i gotta see whats wrong with my front end and im getting tired of ****ing with the jeep alone. i get lonely :laugh:

#140 ·
Awwwwww, you want to be my friend!

I'm not sure whats going on this weekend. Got some things to wrap up and get taken care of before I check in down in Stone Bay. I'll let you know either way. I need to order some sheet metal to fix the rest of the tub.

#142 ·
I was going to order the driver's side front as it was replaced with a piece of 12 gauge bent with a BFH. Both sides under the rollbar have rot and where the PO was too lazy to remove the seatbelt bolts and just drilled a big new hole. Just a bunch of WTF that needs to be addressed. I have some sheet metal here, just not sure if it will be more cost effective (read: less pain in my a$$) to get the prebent and correct sized pieces. I hate doing sheet metal work and welding.

#151 ·
Of course I am off tomorrow! Hahahaha depends on what time.

B-Dubs would be awesome!! Haven't eaten at one since we were in Beaufort. If Friday is better, I'm down for whatever.

#153 ·
Wah wah wah no one really cares about you anyway!

Just kidding! Text me a time and I will let you know if i can make it.

#164 ·
92 Vegas YJ............ Probably not a TJ, just sayin.

How many people are we talkin here? I am going to try to make a reservation or just call ahead for a party.

As long as the weather stays clear we will take the hoopty as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.