Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jacksonville/ camp lejeune

22K views 287 replies 39 participants last post by  BillyP 
#1 ·
Anybody around the area?

#113 ·
My Jeep rolls pretty well down the road but the Subaru developed a front end shimmy, so I feel your pain.

I bought that 8.8, just need to get someone to give me a hand pulling it. Pick a part is awesome except for having a wheelbarrow to haul it out. With my ankle it would be a total $hitshow

#115 ·
Whenever. I have the use of a truck, just need an extra set of hands to help my dissabled azz move it around. I was gonn snag a couple seats while I was there too. Any suggestions on seats?

#124 ·
Damn, I will be in Wilmington in the morning. I will be scoping out that running gear Lynn has and if that falls through grabbing an 8.8....

Hit me up with a time and location, if I can make it I will swing by.

#128 ·
well i got myself some toys today. picked up a JD2 Model 32 bender(only used for about 10 bends) and a BRAND NEW JD2 Notchmaster. had to drive 5 1/2 hrs each way to pick them up, but theyre finally mine.

Model 32 bender. This thing is HEAVY!!! my back is KILLING me

Notchmaster

#132 ·
Hahaha, I saw a couple prospects for front end upgrades. I am begining to think my pinion angle is off too much; i left it a little low to compensate for axle wrap. I might be relocating/modifying the perch position. I'm glad I only "tacked" each perch on.

#134 ·
Not sure. Some things just popped up, that and Angie needs books for school and that takes precedence. I think I mis-judged and straight fudged up when I installed the 8.8. Now I just need to fix my mistake. I'm not too upset, in the words of myfirst boss: To err is human; try not to be human too often.

When I do the SYE I want to bring the t-case back up and put some belly armor on. If I am going to attempt to hit the trail with you, I am gonna need some idiot proofing to keep damage down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.