Its been quiet....too quiet - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Its been quiet....too quiet

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 10-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #16
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, hmmm. Let's see. How about everyone interested in a day out on the trail post a day (date your free) and preferred trail (if it's open or going to be open etc.) then we can all kinda get an idea of a location and date to which we can have a good turnout and a good time and meet some new people. I would love to make some new connections and hit some challenging trails. So what do y'all say? Let's get a good ride going I'm opening this up to anyone and everyone in the NC area. Come on people let's get a big JeepForum ride together! Don't matter how far away or how long a haul it is. I'm encouraging everyone out there to post up an idea and we can all figure out a plan so we can have an awesome turnout and an awesome day, maybe even a 2 day camping ride or something. Let's hear it! What ya say? Post up an idea everyone. :twothumbsup:

Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #17
wkbear
1995 ZJ 

I'm back in a Jeep now. However it's a stock zj v8 with the upcountry suspension and not very good tires. Willing to try stuff though, just may need a few tugs. I'm off every other weekend. I'm off next weekend but I've got plans.

Sent from...wait, where am I?
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkbear
I'm back in a Jeep now. However it's a stock zj v8 with the upcountry suspension and not very good tires. Willing to try stuff though, just may need a few tugs. I'm off every other weekend. I'm off next weekend but I've got plans. Sent from...wait, where am I?
That's the spirit. Nice to see you back in a jeep. The zj won't have quiet the same ability as your rubicon did, but you'll do fine on the trails with some coaching.
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quiet? Hell we keep the NC Guys Chat busy constantly. Just had the Uwharrie OHV Jamboree. What more do you want?

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #20
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Quiet? Hell we keep the NC Guys Chat busy constantly. Just had the Uwharrie OHV Jamboree. What more do you want?
Quiet in our little corner of NC. Y'all are mostly near the middle of the state minus that Ty guy. We did have a small group that would ride kinda often but is now pretty much defunct.
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #21
wkbear
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post

That's the spirit. Nice to see you back in a jeep. The zj won't have quiet the same ability as your rubicon did, but you'll do fine on the trails with some coaching.
Yeah I couldn't stay away too long. Jeep is in my blood.

Unread 10-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #22
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_ View Post
Quiet in our little corner of NC. Y'all are mostly near the middle of the state minus that Ty guy. We did have a small group that would ride kinda often but is now pretty much defunct.
That sucks. Start a club. That'll bring together whoevers in the area. That's what I did up here. 2 months later I've got about 12 guys I can get to roll with me whenever.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #23
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well yeah it's been quiet in our neck of the woods. Ha ha. I mean there's tons of trucks and Jeeps and misc. 4x4 vehicles around my area but it seems like it's all for street show or " pfffft I ain't talking to you till you got 10' lift and 50"x20" outlaw mud fluggers on your pewny Jeep " sorta speak. Ha ha. I just wanna wheel man!
Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #24
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow View Post
Well yeah it's been quiet in our neck of the woods. Ha ha. I mean there's tons of trucks and Jeeps and misc. 4x4 vehicles around my area but it seems like it's all for street show or " pfffft I ain't talking to you till you got 10' lift and 50"x20" outlaw mud fluggers on your pewny Jeep " sorta speak. Ha ha. I just wanna wheel man!
I just got me a new set of them 50x20 outlaw mud fluggers, LOVE EM. Aint never been off road with em, but they look tuff as hell & ride great around the mall parking lot. I had an extra 5grand to blow on something
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #25
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am hoping to move to the nags head area in a few months... you guys know any good people on the coast to group up with? looking at being down there this weekend as well if anything is going on.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #26
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
I am hoping to move to the nags head area in a few months... you guys know any good people on the coast to group up with? looking at being down there this weekend as well if anything is going on.
I've lived in NC my whole life & have never been to the nc coast. I dont know sh:t about trails and such if its east of Asheville.
Our wheelin group is all from the western part of the state up in the mountains.
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post
How bout a trail ride Saturday Nov 9th?
I know 2 trails are open:
Hurricane creek, Haywood county.
Rough butt trail, Cullowhee NC .
I'll have to call the forest service about rich mtn trail, the one that has the fire tower we all went to one time.

Let me know if this works for everyone.
Unless i've missed a post here it looks like only myself & spladow so far are riding Saturday Nov 9th.
Have I missed anyone????
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #28
wkbear
1995 ZJ 

I'd like to come, but I'm working.

Unread 10-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
BLarkin
1997 ZJ 

What time do you think you'll go? I think I'll be working, but won't know for sure until next week.
BLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #30
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLarkin View Post
What time do you think you'll go? I think I'll be working, but won't know for sure until next week.
I figure we would meet & have breakfast at bojangles in canton (I-40 exit 31)
Maybe leave there by 8:30 or 9:00. Its going to take about an hour to get to the trail from canton.

I've sent a message to 5 other jeepin buddys that havnt got back to me yet.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.