Its been quiet....too quiet - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Its been quiet....too quiet

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 10-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Its been quiet....too quiet

So I haven't seen much activity in a long while. Is anyone still alive or....

Need a day out in the woods.

Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
BLarkin
1997 ZJ 

I've noticed the same thing. Me personally I've been over at NC4x4, seems like they always have something going on. But we need to get together as a JeepForum group and go do something before it gets too cold. This is my favorite time of year to go wheeling, especially around here in the mountains.
BLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely. This time of year is great. Anyone got anything coming up?
Unread 10-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've noticed that too. Since Billy moved off it got a lot quieter and Ted is never on either. The more vocal group on this board seems more situated towards the middle of the state.

I have just undertaken a new project (87 Rx7 T2) so I've been busy between that and 60+ hr work weeks.
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

I'm still alive, but havn't taken the jeep offroad since spring sometime. Too long ago that i cant remember. Kinda lost interest since Billy moved, Tyler sold the xj, and another buddy sold his jk.
I'm down for a ride anytime except deer season (late november-early december).
Still havn't showed you guys rough butt trail near cullowhee, nc. (hint, hint)

BTW-- anyone know the status of bumpus cove or rich mtn trail near hot springs? I've heard that the TN forest service has put a lockdown on a few of these trails, and aren't in any hurry to open the gates back up...
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

I've been spending all my free weekends fixin up my huntin/bugout cabin in the middle of nowhere.
img_0042.jpg

img_0045.jpg

img_0046.jpg

img_0044.jpg

img_0043.jpg

Unread 10-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dang that's terrible. Didn't know all that. I don't know the status on those trails, hopefully it's all good. Yeah I've been busy too, but it's slowed down a bit. Would love to get something on the books to get out in the woods sometime. I like your hideout, cool little place it seems.

I'm gonna be heading down to the OBX for a couple weeks for some side jobs, but we should try to plan something. How do you find out info on trails and such? The Jeep needs some Jeepin ha ha.
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post
I'm still alive, but havn't taken the jeep offroad since spring sometime. Too long ago that i cant remember. Kinda lost interest since Billy moved, Tyler sold the xj, and another buddy sold his jk.
I'm down for a ride anytime except deer season (late november-early december).
Still havn't showed you guys rough butt trail near cullowhee, nc. (hint, hint)

BTW-- anyone know the status of bumpus cove or rich mtn trail near hot springs? I've heard that the TN forest service has put a lockdown on a few of these trails, and aren't in any hurry to open the gates back up...
They still have Bumpus closed, indefinitely it seems. There is what appears to be a trail to get in there but when I tried it was too muddy for my A/Ts. I had to back down off the trail and make my own lol.

BTW Ted, that cabin looks badass. Is the friend that sold the JK a guy that wheeled either of the two times I went? Only JKs I remember were Curtis, Ryan, that guy with the unlimited that rally races on the trails, or that boy that was a jailer.
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
BLarkin
1997 ZJ 

Sounds good, I've never tried any of the trails mentioned. Never wheeled with any of you before I think, so if you don't mind an extra I'd love to join.
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #10
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_ View Post
They still have Bumpus closed, indefinitely it seems. There is what appears to be a trail to get in there but when I tried it was too muddy for my A/Ts. I had to back down off the trail and make my own lol.

BTW Ted, that cabin looks badass. Is the friend that sold the JK a guy that wheeled either of the two times I went? Only JKs I remember were Curtis, Ryan, that guy with the unlimited that rally races on the trails, or that boy that was a jailer.
My buddy had a black 4door jk & he was the one that hauled *** on the trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLarkin View Post
Sounds good, I've never tried any of the trails mentioned. Never wheeled with any of you before I think, so if you don't mind an extra I'd love to join.
Anyone here on JF is welcome to ride with us.
Unread 10-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

How bout a trail ride Saturday Nov 9th?
I know 2 trails are open:
Hurricane creek, Haywood county.
Rough butt trail, Cullowhee NC .
I'll have to call the forest service about rich mtn trail, the one that has the fire tower we all went to one time.

Let me know if this works for everyone.
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds like a good date. I should be free that weekend.
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow View Post
That sounds like a good date. I should be free that weekend.
Do you wanna ride Rough butt trail. Its a little longer of a drive for you from morganton, maybe 2.5 hrs. Vs Hurricane creek 1hr 45 min from you.
Unread 10-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #14
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post
Do you wanna ride Rough butt trail. Its a little longer of a drive for you from morganton, maybe 2.5 hrs. Vs Hurricane creek 1hr 45 min from you.
im good for whatever trail yall wanna do. so long as stock TJ is able to make it.
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
BLarkin
1997 ZJ 

I'll probably have to work that day, what time were you thinking? If I do work, it would be until 12, then figure 2 hours to get to hurricane creek. I might not be able to make it this time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.