Hurricane Creek question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Hurricane Creek question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Don't forget pics (on the trail).

LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
Xanatos
1991 XJ Cherokee 

A few friends and I are looking to do a somewhat easy trail during the day and then go camping. Do you think that Hurricane creek would be good for us to do? None of us have lots of experience with off-roading and all of our vehicles are stock(a Cherokee, Durango, and Land Rover Defender). We would be driving from I-40 up the mountain. I would also very much appreciate to know about how long the trail takes. Thanks!
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #18
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

yes, the trail can be done easily with a stock vehicle. The first time going up the trail, figure about an hour of trail time, maybe more if you're looking a lot. There are plenty of spots to set up camp along the way.
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrok
yes, the trail can be done easily with a stock vehicle. The first time going up the trail, figure about an hour of trail time, maybe more if you're looking a lot. There are plenty of spots to set up camp along the way.
Agreed. And when I've gone, we always stop midtrail and eat but perfect trail for beginners and easy riding
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Corigirlloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #20
Xanatos
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corigirlloves View Post
Agreed. And when I've gone, we always stop midtrail and eat but perfect trail for beginners and easy riding
Thank you guys very much. Looks like the date is set towards the end of May. Looks like a fun trail and apparently there are some great views at the top of the mountain.
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

I really enjoyed the view myself. I will post up what I took tomorrow.
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #22
Bannedone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Went up to Hurricane Creek on the 14th of April. Awesome trail, myself and a buddy went and took the family. We came out on Wesley Creek, followed it to Max Patch... If I would have turned left, Where would that have taken us? Will be going again soon I hope.
mee-creek.jpg  
Bannedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #23
Bannedone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

more pics
jimi-creek.jpg   finish.jpg  
Bannedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannedone View Post
Went up to Hurricane Creek on the 14th of April. Awesome trail, myself and a buddy went and took the family. We came out on Wesley Creek, followed it to Max Patch... If I would have turned left, Where would that have taken us? Will be going again soon I hope.
At the point you think the trail is done & you're on a nice dirt road again, you drive up maybe 2-3 minutes and see another 4wd trail on your left (If you miss the left turn off you'll end up going to the open cut/nice view before Wesley Creek).
Take the left trail mentioned above & about 10 minutes later it puts you up onto max patch road (kinda at a 4 way intersection).
Then:
1-If you go straight across max patch you come to Caldwell mtn rd & can get to spring creek, hot springs & leicester.
2-If you turn right, you'll go back towards Fines Creek rd
3-If you turn left, you can stay on Max Patch all the way to Del Rio, TN.
4-If you turn left, you can follow the signs & make your way back down to the Harmon's Den exit of I-40.
5-Best way is to go back down hurricane creek rd, its just more fun for a day of wheeling.
1FuddyMucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #25
Bannedone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. Had a great time over there.
Unread 04-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #26
Xanatos
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone know of any camping sites up near the harmon den area where hurricane creek road comes out at? I've been having trouble finding some online. I wouldn't really mind if we had to hike in a few miles, but if you have found any on websites or camped at some just let me know. Thanks!
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Theirs at least 4 or 5 very nice camp spots on Hurricane creek trail. I've not seen any where it comes out on maxpatch road.
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #28
sleezy
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker
Theirs at least 4 or 5 very nice camp spots on Hurricane creek trail. I've not seen any where it comes out on maxpatch road.
Its kind of a hidden trail, you have to know where it is i guess..
sleezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.