Hurricane creek - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Hurricane creek

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 07-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Xanatos
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Hurricane creek

Does anyone want to hit up hurricane creek up north of Asheville on Sunday August 5th in the afternoon? I have church in the morning so I cant go sooner. A friend just got a sweet Wrangler, and I have yet to do anything in my Cherokee and we would like some introductory trails. I would love to get a few people to go with us to make a few friends and get some offroad pointers. Hopefully a few of you can make it!

Last edited by Xanatos; 07-23-2012 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: edited date
Xanatos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
stoutz
2000 WJ 

Think I would be game, and might be able to get another guy to go as well..
stoutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
camoxj93
1993 XJ Cherokee 

im from climax... (good ways away in guilford county) what kind of trails are these? iv never heard of hurricane creek
camoxj93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
Xanatos
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Hurricane Creek trail sounds like it is a fairly easy trail to ride. I've heard stock jeep can make it up with no problem but still offers lots of fun spots. The trail is up on I-40 on mile marker 8.
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Stock jeeps do well up there. There are a couple of spots where a good spotter and a little experience will keep the tow rope in the back. Don't go alone if you haven't been much or before.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
stoutz
2000 WJ 

We took ride up Sunday, stock tj with 31's and had no problems at all..
stoutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
camoxj93
1993 XJ Cherokee 

cool thanks yall. if i can get some of my local jeep friends together id probably convoy with them. might be a minute tho... uwharrie had its way with mine. nothing some wrenching wont fix
camoxj93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
Xanatos
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I will be able to go this Sunday. Chick-Fil-A called me in 6 hours early(we were slammed) which did not allow me to finish a few things that I would like to get finished. Keep it updated if there is a group going, it would be a last minute thing if I can go but will let you know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.