How hard is Uwharrie? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > How hard is Uwharrie?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Xj How hard is Uwharrie?

I live in Uwharrie. I live just inside the boundry. I have been in the trails on fourwheelers, but I forgot most of it. It was years ago. So, how hard is Uwharrie? I will probably be in a 98 XJ with 3 inch lift and 31's.
With this setup, what trails could I do?

Final question, what mod would be the most helpful in Uwharrie?

Thanks.

1988 Jeep Comanche 4x4 Longbed - POS
Tylerzap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bump

Unread 08-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Your jeep could do just about everything except the kodak rock area, but thats just one part on one trail that is very easily avoidable. only other hard part is rock ledge on Danial, which your jeep could do but it takes a confident driver and a good line choice, and a good spotter in a smaller rig, so that part is mostly a driver challenge. Otherwise the rest of it is all doable in an xj on 31's, again depending on confidence and experience in your rig. And most helpful mod would be some kind of skids, but my brother had his old '97 xj on 3" 31's with no skids a few times and ran all the trails with out much problem, but skids give a good piece of mind.
Unread 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Your jeep could do just about everything except the kodak rock area, but thats just one part on one trail that is very easily avoidable. only other hard part is rock ledge on Danial, which your jeep could do but it takes a confident driver and a good line choice, and a good spotter in a smaller rig, so that part is mostly a driver challenge. Otherwise the rest of it is all doable in an xj on 31's, again depending on confidence and experience in your rig. And most helpful mod would be some kind of skids, but my brother had his old '97 xj on 3" 31's with no skids a few times and ran all the trails with out much problem, but skids give a good piece of mind.
I want to get a Aussie or something for the front and i was going to build some sliders and disconnects before i went. I have a friend that has a ZJ on 31s with no lift and he wants to go too. I cant imagine he could do very much?

Unread 08-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bump

Unread 08-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

I ran every trail at Uwharrie with my XJ on bald 31s so you will be fine as long as you take good lines. I did have to bypass some obstacles but I was able to go up both ledges on Daniel without any help.

Check my build thread for my '98 XJ in my signature to see a lot of pictures and a couple of videos of our trip.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

I did all of ure on 31s open open it's all easy

But it is more fun with big tires haha.
image-3754754056.jpg   image-1567691034.jpg  

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, well that's good. I have a rear LSD so I should be fine then, especially since I want a front Aussie and may put it in before I go.

Unread 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
H8SPVMT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

"Budweiser Rock/hole" on lower side of Rocky Mountain loop can get you too. "Daniel with and attitude" has been a trip for years.

Dicky Bell is fun too.

Just take your time and use a spotter if you go. Stock Jeeps can't do all the obsticles, contrary to popular beliefs without some minor damage.
H8SPVMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.