Help diagnose driveline noise post-lift? (Durham, NC) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Help diagnose driveline noise post-lift? (Durham, NC)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
johank
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Xj Help diagnose driveline noise post-lift? (Durham, NC)

Hey guys,

I live in Durham. My 98 XJ has some noise issues going on after putting an OME lift in: Link

Can anyone help me out and give this a listen? Would be happy to stop by whenever it's convenient.

Btw, happy to help out with installing stuff or contributing my limited Jeep knowledge... if anyone needs a hand in/around Durham, give me a shout.

Thanks!

johank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
katuah
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm in Durham but I don't know that my limited experience would be much help with this. Pretty shocking that you'd have that much trouble from a 2" lift. I'm sure the guys at ECGS would be able to figure it out pretty quick, if you want to go the "pay somebody else" route, but that's never as much fun! See ya around town?
katuah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
johank
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks katuah... was planning on just taking it to a local mechanic if all else fails, but ECGS would certainly be better set up to look into this. I definitely wasn't expecting these sorts of driveline vibe issues after the lift... guess it would have been too easy if everything had gone smoothly (no pun intended). I also think the lift ended up being taller than advertised, probably closer to 3".

Did notice today that there's much less (if any) noise with a full tank of gas and 240 lbs of concrete bags in the trunk. Guess that points to a shaft angle that is too steep.

See you around Durham... PS, any good spots to do a little light wheeling around here, besides Uwharrie?
johank is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.