Have they changed any of the Beach Driving rules In Corolla NC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Have they changed any of the Beach Driving rules In Corolla NC

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 07-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Nubs68

Have they changed any of the Beach Driving rules In Corolla NC

It has been a couple years since I have been to the OBX. We have a house rented in Corolla the end of July. I know you used to be able to drive out on the beach and go North a mile or so and set up your chairs and stuff. Is the beach still open to drive on? The last time i was there (2011) beach was narrow and the sand was nasty (soft).....had to air down the RAM 2500 to 25 lbs to make it.....the diesel was working that day. Has anyone been out there recently that can share some intel.

Nubs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
jondoe297
2004 WJ 

Yeah man, it's the same as always. I was down there at the end of April and it was business as usual.
jondoe297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'll be down there next week, staying just north of the Food Lion shopping center. Look for a white cherokee with no doors and a grey TJ, both on 35s.
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
RubiconTom2012
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hi. I am going to Corolla there for the first time next week as well. As already indicared the beach is open for sure.

Does any know about surf fishing on the 4x4 beaches? Maybe recommend a good spot?

Sent from my ADR6400L using JeepForum
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
RubiconTom2012
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just got back from Corolla, NC OBX. Had a house with family right on the 4x4 beach about 7 miles North of the entrance to beach. Right in front of the small 4x4 dune track they have behind the beach. It was awesome. There were no beach restrictions for driving; however, speed limits on beach are strictly enforced. Same goes for the wild horse rules. As for my Rubicon, it easily handled every obstacle on the highway from Brooklyn, N.Y., the OBX 4x4 beach, trails and town. Not once was I close to getting stuck even when I tried. My cousin with the Unlimited also had no issues. We became the Sherpas for the family as well as the resue team. Almost pulled my Uncles nose off his F- 150 too...lol. I told them all tire pressure would be the key to not getting stuck!!! I just spent the entire day cleaning out the Jeep and givig her a good waxing after salt and sand had at her all week. The only thing missing on this trip was hooking a shark off the surf. Otherwise, great trip and awesome fun for any Jeep fan.

Sent from my ADR6400L using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.