Greensboro/High Point, NC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Greensboro/High Point, NC

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
futureeuqb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Greensboro/High Point, NC

I just bought my first Jeep and was wondering if anyone knew of any good trails or places to go off road. Near or around the Greensboro High Point area. Legal or not.

futureeuqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
new2jeeps17
1991 YJ Wrangler 

i know of one off of scientific if u know where thats at. its not real long 10 min on how you drive through it. theres a couple of places to go off the main trail and go up a big hill and a place to cross a deep creek(no water) and head up another hill turn around and go back across to get to trail. not tons of mud but theres a couple places with some. if u dont care about ur jeep gettin a lil scratched its the nicest trail i have found around here.
Unread 03-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
ajsaurus_rex
1995 YJ Wrangler 

is it right after you go over the rail road tracks?
ajsaurus_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
new2jeeps17
1991 YJ Wrangler 

yes, have u been on that one?
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
futureeuqb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I do not know where scientific is but I will find it. What about any off roading shops around the area?
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
Rub1c0nLJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureeuqb View Post
I just bought my first Jeep and was wondering if anyone knew of any good trails or places to go off road. Near or around the Greensboro High Point area. Legal or not.
OR NOT!!!!!! We don't OR NOT! Wheel legally or don't wheel at all. URE is the closest legal place.
Rub1c0nLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
futureeuqb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You're right! I recant my previous statement.

Last edited by futureeuqb; 03-08-2008 at 11:08 PM..
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #8
new2jeeps17
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I do not know where scientific is but I will find it. What about any off roading shops around the area?
no problem. just go to google maps type in s scientific st, high point. the find preutte pl on the map and zoom in and its directly in the middle of that and the rr tracks. theres a little dip in the road and its right where the rr crossing mark on the road is the enterance to the trail. pm me and i can give u my phone number maybe we can meet up and go to show u how to get through its kinda confusing and easy to get lost.
and as for off roading shops go i dont really know i buy online sry
Unread 03-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
Rub1c0nLJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You're right! I recant my previous statement.

Thats cool. We have enough issues with our sport.
What type of work are you needing done. There are a few shops around but not necessarily local. There are some locals around that build cages and such.
Rub1c0nLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
ajsaurus_rex
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2jeeps17 View Post
yes, have u been on that one?
yea i stayed in a apt right below there while i went to GTCC.
ajsaurus_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
iceman123187
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tom's 4wheeldrive in lexington off 52 on #8
1999 TJ|3" Black Diamond Susp.| 1.25 JKS BL| 1" JKS BMML|33x12.50's| 15x8 Eagle Alloys| 4.88 Gears| D35 and Detroit Tru Trac in the rear| D30| NATES 4x4 front and rear bumpers| Hella 500's| HI Lift| Rattle Guard Bed Liner
iceman123187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
futureeuqb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Iceman! I am not sure what kind of work I want done yet Rub1 I am still learning everything. Would like to make improvements but need to learn more first and wanted to go somewhere and talk to people that know what they are doing. This site is great but it's easier when you can see first hand. I am about to purchase some 35" Mud tires which means I am probably going to have to change gears since I am currently stock. Would also like to eventual get lockers.
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #13
RJRendleman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Kernersville NC Trails

In Kernersville(west of greensboro about 15 minutes) there are some trials behind the k-ville movie theater which are decent for some mud, hill climbs, and general trail rides. They aren't anything too extreme but for the occasional off-roader in my DD they are plenty fun enough. Message back if your curious on exatly how to get there.
RJRendleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #14
GSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRendleman View Post
In Kernersville(west of greensboro about 15 minutes) there are some trials........
Can we please stop posting about illegal wheeling? I know you guys want to "get a little mud on your Jeep" but it's crap like this that ruins our public image and leads to even more closures of LEGAL trails. If you're gonna break the law, keep it to yourself.
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #15
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

if anyone else wants to chat about the cool illegal wheeling spots... just post em' up. i haven't met my quota for the week yet.

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.