Gear Shop - Eastern NC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Gear Shop - Eastern NC

Rough Country LED BracketsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and

Unread 11-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
zdhutson

2007 JK Wrangler 

Gear Shop - Eastern NC

Has anyone dealt with Down East Offroad in Wilson, NC, specifically re-gearing? I'm wanting to re-gear my 08 2-dr. I've read mixed reviews of this place, but nothing that specifically mentioned gear work.

Or does anyone have a recommendation on a gear shop in Eastern NC? I've read a lot of good things about East Coast Gear Supply in Raleigh, but I would love to find somewhere a little closer.

I hope I'm posting this on the right forum. Thanks folks.

zdhutson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The shop we used for the motor swap in our bronco does regears, for cheap too, and they are based out of Sanford. I personally havn't had them regear my jeep but seeing some of the stuff they have done i wouldn't think twice about letting them work on my rig.

http://www.fullonauto.com/
MrSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
zdhutson

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks a lot MrSmiley!
Unread 11-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #4
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie_zane
Thanks a lot MrSmiley!
No problem!
Unread 11-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
SITH
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've never dealt with them on regears as I do my own. I have however dealt with them on some other things and have been pleased with the service from them. I have known a few others who have been pleased as well.
Unread 11-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
zdhutson

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. I have been looking at East Coast Gear Supply in Raleigh, but it would be nice to go somewhere a little closer.

I considered doing it myself, but I don't have any of the specialty tools. I think I would spend about the same money buying a dial indicator, etc. that I would probably never use again. Unless I'm way off track...
Unread 11-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #7
SITH
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Your correct. Buying the correct quality tools would run you a good bit. I bought them but Ive used them enough they've paid for themself. If East Coast is your choice for a shop the drive is worth it
Unread 01-20-2015, 08:06 AM   #8
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've had a good experience with DEO. No re-gearing but they put my new lift on my XJ. Was prob going to have them do my axle work.

East Coast Gear in Raleigh/Durham is great too. They used to be called Sperryman Auto. They specialize in Toyota but do good work on Jeeps too.

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.