Far West NC Trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Far West NC Trails

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
2000wreckedwj
2000 WJ 

Far West NC Trails

Hey guys, I live in the far WNC part of the state in a little town called Hayesville. About two hours west of asheville. Just trying to find some nice trails to ride and enjoy my jeep with the wife. I have a WJ with a 4" lift and 32s. Nothing too hardcore or rocky. Just wondering what is out there

2000wreckedwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Have you been to Beasley Knob? I used to take my jeep out there with a similar setup while I was at Young Harris and had a lot of fun. We also used to ride on Bell Mtn, but I believe it has been closed/gated now.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
2000wreckedwj
2000 WJ 

I went to beasley knob once with my four wheeler about 3 years ago and it was not setup for atv's. Not sure if mine would handle it or not. Heard that stock vehicles with 31s make it though
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

From what I remember you'd be ok on most of the trails at Beasley as long as it was relatively dry. If its wet, stay away. The clay gets super slick and the hills can be very dangerous. I've been wanting to get back down there to wheel and check out the changes at YHC.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
2000wreckedwj
2000 WJ 

YHC don't look the same now bud. New tennis courts, new signs, etc. They have been buying up almost every building around it too
Unread 09-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Hey i live in hville too, haha small world i have a 6.5 in lift a winch and 33 12.50. U might have seen my rig in hville it turns heads a bit it burgandy with roof rack and four blue spotlights and a jeep hook in the front with two hellas mounted there, its an xj. I took my through beasley but for the most part it was lame but we should get together i know a few trails in ga and murphy. Holler back!!!
Spideracdc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncYJ
Hello, I also live in Hayesville and would like to find some trails in the local area.
Id love to show u, just got a new rig and id love to test her out, just let me know when ya wanna ride and i can show u around. Btw i have a k5 blazer now but its more than ready!!! My # is 8285573565 if ya can text!!!
Unread 10-31-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncYJ

I have no top (just bikini) and NO heat, working on heat in the am, just need to run a wire for fan maybe Wednesday if the heat will put out enough? Depends on time of availability. Thursday would be possible? Going out of town on Friday till mid week. I will text if heat is good enough to get me by. What times are you able to ride?
Whenever I have the money for gas and someone to watch my child, besides that im always ready.
Unread 11-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
2000wreckedwj
2000 WJ 

Mine is getting some upgrades in the shop right now. bumping from 3.73's to 4.56's and a new custom front winch bumper. Hope to have her done this weekend.
Unread 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Srry man text me if ya can im def down anytime.
Unread 03-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000wreckedwj View Post
Mine is getting some upgrades in the shop right now. bumping from 3.73's to 4.56's and a new custom front winch bumper. Hope to have her done this weekend.
U ever get yer stuff done, we need riders!!
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncYJ View Post
Back in town, would like to check out the local trails!
Hey man I need your home phone I lost my old smart phone with all my contacts now Im using the online forum not mobile but regardless, if u still have those seats I am really in need of some now, I have been riding about every weekend, you need to come join, been riding with samaris need more riders.
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #13
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncYJ View Post
Spideracdc1; Your PM box is full!
Haha I fixed it. Stupid jeep forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.