Easy trails near Wilmington, NC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Easy trails near Wilmington, NC

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 01-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
bsbllyan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Easy trails near Wilmington, NC

Are there any easy/beginner trails near Wilmington, NC? I've just started offroading and I don't think my wrangler is set up to do any serious rock crawling. I was looking for some type of easy wooded trail.

bsbllyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Get tow points, a strap, and a buddy with a jeep and go to Uwharrie NF. Stock TJ doable trails, but some good rocks to see others breaking their stuff.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
jamnjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

just remember UNF is closed until april
Unread 01-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
bsbllyan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I appreciate the suggestion, I just don't know when I'll have 8 hours (there and back) free from school. You never know, though, maybe I'll find myself up there one day.
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #5
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

I just thought of one: You can wheel on the beach near Ft. Fisher. I think there is a slight daily charge.

I usually go to the OB to wheel on the beach, so Ft. Fisher didn't immediately come to mind when I first saw this thread.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
tennisjon2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbojeepman View Post
I just thought of one: You can wheel on the beach near Ft. Fisher. I think there is a slight daily charge.

I usually go to the OB to wheel on the beach, so Ft. Fisher didn't immediately come to mind when I first saw this thread.
Yea you can go out on carolina beach. I believe the part is called freeman park. It is simple beach driving if that is what you are looking for. Last time I went it was $10.
tennisjon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
ohvkj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

hey get up w/ me tomorrow...we are doing some wheeling...i pm'd you my number
Unread 01-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #8
bsbllyan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I've been to the Carolina Beach park, which was pretty good. I was just wondering if there were some more wooded trails around also.
Unread 01-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
Brandon97TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hey there is a 4x4 club with mostly jeeps here in wilmington....check out www.coastalcarolinaoffroad.com and go to the forums and look for East Coast Trail Raiders

We need another 4 banger wrangler!
Brandon97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #10
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

x2, I just recently joined that website, lots of info about different local trails and get togethers...
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.