Definitely need a winch - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Definitely need a winch

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
Attwanl
1985 CJ7 

Just think ..... When you get a winch, you'll be the one they call in the middle of the night to pull them out..lol

Unread 04-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
doitnthemud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attwanl
Just think ..... When you get a winch, you'll be the one they call in the middle of the night to pull them out..lol
Haha! So true!!
doitnthemud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
Attwanl
1985 CJ7 

Mud is fun ....but clean up is rough....it takes a lot longer to clean it than it does to get it muddy.
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
doitnthemud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attwanl
Mud is fun ....but clean up is rough....it takes a lot longer to clean it than it does to get it muddy.
Yea, I took it to a car wash and got free use because I cleaned out the bay when I was done. The owner appreciated that. Man you shoulda seen the mud! Lol
doitnthemud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #20
Attwanl
1985 CJ7 

I know what ya mean... Our car wash used to have a sign up " no off road vehicles" . And it never fails that you end up hitting just the right angle and blow mud back in your face and all over yourself. You know it's going to happen, but we always have that surprized look on our faces like " WHAT!! That never happened before" LOL
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #21
cwmedic
2012 JK Wrangler 

Coming in late here...

Even though I have a winch, I have thought about carrying a set of pickets with me for that situation. They could be driven into the ground to create an anchor point when there is none. It doesn't take many pickets in the right configuration to hold steady.
cwmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

it's alot of work i suppose but I have heard of burying your spare tire and using it as a winch point.

Thats why I carry a folding shovel.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.