Corolla NC Beach Driving - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Corolla NC Beach Driving

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 05-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
robsbluerub
2007 JK Wrangler 

Corolla NC Beach Driving

I'm heading for OBX in a few days. Years ago could you drive where route 12 meets the beach all the way up to the VA line, no permit.

My wife tells me there is now a $150 permit?? Is that correct or is she getting bad info?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

2007 JK 2dr Rubicon, 3" Black Diamond Lift, 35" KM2s, M/T Classic IIs, Rancho shocks, Mopar bumpers, 8000 lb winch, Ace rock sliders, Skid Row engine/oil pan skid, evap skid, Tom Woods driveshafts, Riddler diff covers, rear adjustable upper control arms, chromoly rear shafts, Reid knuckles, Synergy chromoly tie rod, track bar, and flipped drag link.
robsbluerub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Anything from Kitty Hawk south to Oregon Inlet requires a pass.

Corolla is still free to drive on.
NO_RDPLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
robsbluerub
2007 JK Wrangler 

Excellent
2007 JK 2dr Rubicon, 3" Black Diamond Lift, 35" KM2s, M/T Classic IIs, Rancho shocks, Mopar bumpers, 8000 lb winch, Ace rock sliders, Skid Row engine/oil pan skid, evap skid, Tom Woods driveshafts, Riddler diff covers, rear adjustable upper control arms, chromoly rear shafts, Reid knuckles, Synergy chromoly tie rod, track bar, and flipped drag link.
Unread 05-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
robsbluerub
2007 JK Wrangler 

Good time in Corolla and Carova, found the ponies.

I am always amazed at the vehicles people will take on the beach.

The JK hot oil light came on after running with the wind in the softer stuff. Guess my dealer did the flash like he was supposed to., all good.

Back in Carova a guy stopped me to ask how to get back to the pavement without going on the beach.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.