Charlotte, NC Rock Crawling Meet & Greet!! Saturday- Jan 2nd. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Charlotte, NC Rock Crawling Meet & Greet!! Saturday- Jan 2nd.

This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Charlotte, NC Rock Crawling Meet & Greet!! Saturday- Jan 2nd.

I'm organizing a Jeep Meet & Greet with a cookout and rock crawling for Saturday, January 2nd! Nothing goes together better than burgers and rocks, right?

There is a private rock course in Iron Station (about 20 miles north of downtown Charlotte) and we are going to host a cookout and crawl on January 2nd. This is a Saturday and the event will run from 12:00pm until people want to go home.

You will be able to see the whole trail (It's a loop) from the picnic tables, so we can sit back and watch rigs try to navigate the rocks all afternoon. The trail is not very long, but provides more than enough challenges to test your rig on.

What to bring? Maybe some drinks (soda, or juice, or whatever- no alcohol), a dessert item?, or chicken wings?. I don't know. I'll bring hamburgers to throw on the grill.

My buddy and I ran the trail yesterday. I'm locked front and rear on 37"s and he made it half way open/open on 33"s. So there are extreme lines, but also fun lines that will provide a challenge for just about any setup. The owner of the land is Scott Schwabe and he does phenomenal jeep work (gears/lockers/SYE's/engine swaps/suspension/etc). No cost involved to run the trail and eat some burgers. Just a great afternoon of local wheeling!

The trail and cookout is located off of HWY16 and HWY73 near Denver.

Post up if you are going to come so we can get a head count!

Here are some pics from yesterday:

Mine-

My friends (he'll be at the M&G as well)-

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
starsjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

sounds like fun but thats a 3 - 4 hour drive for me
starsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
mynameismyles65
1994 XJ Cherokee 

i live in downtown charlotte if i can get my transmission fixed in time ill try my best to be there.
mynameismyles65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
yjjeepn92
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I might be there along with a few of my friends. Ill have to check to see when I go back to school but I live in Thomasville and wouldnt mind driving. Sounds like fun!
Unread 12-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
keijeremy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll try to make it. I live in Gastonia. Can you send me some good directions?
keijeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
yjjeepn92
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keijeremy View Post
I'll try to make it. I live in Gastonia. Can you send me some good directions?
Same here. A specific location will probably be the deciding factor between my friends and myself because were high school students and our funds are limited
Unread 12-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
mynameismyles65
1994 XJ Cherokee 

oh yeah lol i do need some direction or at least just an adress so i can mapquest it
mynameismyles65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

5776 Pug Lane
Iron Station, NC 28080

Unread 12-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
burger3026
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great plan, count me in. I'm an out of work racer, with lots of time on my hands. get with me if you need any help before hand. great to have somewhere close to go other than uhw. or the farms.
burger3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
SSWaters

I helped haul some rock there one day about 4-5 years ago, didn't know that was still there. We got it from Dalamtion lane? I had a F350 dump flatbed and Scarface (Shane) had the bobcat, is he still hanging out there?

Does Scott still have the nice jeep pickup?
Unread 12-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #11
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSWaters View Post
I helped haul some rock there one day about 4-5 years ago, didn't know that was still there. We got it from Dalamtion lane? I had a F350 dump flatbed and Scarface (Shane) had the bobcat, is he still hanging out there?

Does Scott still have the nice jeep pickup?
Yep, he's still there! His MJ got wrecked, but he is still building on it. He actually broke the front axle on the trail not too long ago.

Even if just 7 to 10 rigs show, it should be a ton of fun!
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #12
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like a good time. My xj is out of service at the moment but I might see if anyone wants to go and just ride with them.
Unread 12-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
MissMurder
Enemy of all chicks

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I will definitely try to make it. I am going back up to NJ for the holidays, so it depends on when we come home. Hope to see you all though!

Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #218

Just so you all know, If I think you're an ******* I will gladly tell you. I'm not your everyday girl, so don't expect me to act like one. And yeah, I do like it topless and dirty!

Quoted Jetscuh: "I really have to force myself to eat nuts. There are other forms of protein as well, but it can be hard making sure you get enough at times."
MissMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #14
shreknow91
2003 KJ Liberty 

I may try and make it, wont go on the trail, but may take my camera along so we can have some good documentation... I'm pretty close, I'm actually near 73 and Beaties ford rd...
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Yes but does everyone who ate something have a sudden urge to life heavy pallets of stock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjislander View Post
now how do you think it got up there???? Bubba sucked in his gut real good and him and cletus picked it up and prayed they wouldnt dislodge a nut in the process, never underestimate the strength of a few rednecks
shreknow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #15
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I live off of 73, but I am currently Heepless.
Altimeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.