Camping in Wilmington NC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Camping in Wilmington NC

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
tennisjon2002

Camping in Wilmington NC

I am looking to go camping for a night with the gf in the wilmington area. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place. I would like a somewhat secluded and private area (it will be during the week in a 2 weeks so that will help) preferably somewhere free to just set up a tent. Bathrooms etc aren't really necessary, but some comforts would be ok, just not looking for a KOA camping type place. So far I am looking at Carolina Beach state park, looks like it is $15 a night and it comes with a grill and picnic table which would be nice and also is near the beach etc which is another plus and sounds like it isn't too crowded, and I am sure it wouldn't be during the week anyways. Any other ideas?

Last edited by tennisjon2002; 04-24-2008 at 12:56 PM..
tennisjon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
tennisjon2002

I called carolina beach and it is $15 which gets me a campsite for the night. And as of now you are allowed to have campfires (as long as they are in a firepit) which is a big plus.
tennisjon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thats really the only "camp ground" around here..... it's pretty nice, lots of trees..... which means lots of shade.
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
1969azcj5
1989 YJ Wrangler 

freeman prk

10 a nite at freeman, camp right on the beach. shouldnt be too crowded early in the season.
1969azcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.