Boone jeepers. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Boone jeepers.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Do you guys go out to Richland Road much? It's been years since I've been out there. Last I heard the property owners were running everybody off, and if you did go up there, make sure you had a gun because of the meth heads. I'd love to start go out there again.

@2k1XJ Boone is a great town, but it is a college town. Most jobs and living accommodations revolve around ASU. I agree with BLarkin, I lived in Morganton for many years and liked it. Jonas Ridge area is really nice. I lived in Valdese/Rutherford College area on Mineral Springs Mountain. Very nice there too.

"Dog-gone it Roy-Jean, how many times do I have to explain it to ya, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I MEAN A ROCK!!" ~ C.W. McCall
Yankee-Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't been yet. I've been meaning to though.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee-Juliet View Post
Do you guys go out to Richland Road much? It's been years since I've been out there. Last I heard the property owners were running everybody off, and if you did go up there, make sure you had a gun because of the meth heads. I'd love to start go out there again.
We go pretty often. It is a state road so as long as you stay on the trail no one can tell you to do anything. We don't bring guns unless we just want to shoot and we have never ran into a meth head. We have come across many drunk rednecks though.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #19
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That's good to hear biggn235. I'll have to take a ride out there, its been a long time since I've been out that way.

Any of you guys ever go out to Callalantee?

"Dog-gone it Roy-Jean, how many times do I have to explain it to ya, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I MEAN A ROCK!!" ~ C.W. McCall
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #20
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Callalantee has been shut down.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #21
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I heard Paul Brown had passed away and the future of the park was up in the air. There was a possibility that his family was going to keep it open, I guess that fell through then.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.