Blowing Rock NC Trail? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Blowing Rock NC Trail?

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
tboles
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to Boone with the family this weekend. Gonna try to find this trail. I'll take pics if i can. Couple of friends and myself went camping in Uwharrie two weeks ago. Very fun! My stock jeep did fine there. From what I hear this trail is much easier but more scenic so it should be fun as well....

tboles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #17
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

We're going out there tomorrow after App's homecoming parade, we might see ya!

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
tboles
2007 JK Wrangler 

So we went today and just past the first creek crossing there was a sign saying STOP DO NOT ENTER, PRIVATE DRIVE. I thought this was a state road? My wife freaked so we didn't go any further. Is the sign for real or just something someone did to try to keep people out? Little disappointed, was looking forward to faking family off the beaten path....
Unread 10-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #19
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboles
So we went today and just past the first creek crossing there was a sign saying STOP DO NOT ENTER, PRIVATE DRIVE. I thought this was a state road? My wife freaked so we didn't go any further. Is the sign for real or just something someone did to try to keep people out? Little disappointed, was looking forward to faking family off the beaten path....
I don't believe the sign is real. Going past that are state street signs along the road indicating roads than intersect with richlands.

A hunter that I met along the trail owns property in there, and said they just try to keep out the hunters that don't own property. You'll see lots of no trespassing signs along the way, but only indicating that the property along the road is private.

If you are into geocaching, there are a few long there. I have one at the cemetery.
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
PanthersFan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #20
tboles
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wow... its cool. Planning another trip in Feb so I will definitely look into a return then.. maybe Browns Mtn too if weather holds up and they are open. Thanks for the clarification!
Unread 10-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #21
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboles
Wow... its cool. Planning another trip in Feb so I will definitely look into a return then.. maybe Browns Mtn too if weather holds up and they are open. Thanks for the clarification!
Here are some pics from a snow trip in January (if I remember right). Richland's is a lot of fun in the snow.
image-194257962.jpg   image-1288077870.jpg   image-414189774.jpg   image-1983437514.jpg  
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
Unread 10-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #22
tboles
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan View Post
Here are some pics from a snow trip in January (if I remember right). Richland's is a lot of fun in the snow.
Very nice!! looks awesome with the snow and ice! Looks like a Feb return is in the books now. Nice Jeep btw!
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #23
duggan98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

please someone pm me with more specific directions im near salisbury thanx
duggan98tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #24
wc4x4club
1986 MJ Comanche 

Hello I am New to jeep forum. I started a Club in Wilkes county if u in to that
wc4x4club is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #25
badbassman97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im in ashe and would love to join got any info on it
badbassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #26
vulcanclassic
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey, Winston/Salem here...so heading north from Lenoir on 321, right on Richland Rd.; at what point off Richland does the trail start, and where does it end or come out? Looks like the creeks along Richland Rd are part of the headwaters which form the Yadkin River.
vulcanclassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #27
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanclassic
Hey, Winston/Salem here...so heading north from Lenoir on 321, right on Richland Rd.; at what point off Richland does the trail start, and where does it end or come out? Looks like the creeks along Richland Rd are part of the headwaters which form the Yadkin River.
Richland road turns into the trail. It ends at Sampson road which takes you to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Unread 12-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #28
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

When Richland turns to dirt take the right fork and go down into the creek. When you come out the other side of the trail and hit a T intersection (gravel road) turn left and it will eventually dump you out on the parkway.

Unread 12-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #29
vulcanclassic
2012 JK Wrangler 

Cool, I think I'll check it out soon, and head over to Brown Mountain afterwards, since its not far from Richland, maybe take NC 90 or Globe Rd up the hill and swing thru Mortimer/Edgemont, there are decent USFS roads in that area, not much wheelin' but nice mountain roads and on to BRP or check out Tablerock, Hawksbill, near the LGW area
vulcanclassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #30
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

We're doing Brown Mountain this Friday. Should be nice and slippery with all the rain/snow we've had lately. Just FYI Brown Mtn is $5 so be sure to have some cash on you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.