Bill & Ted's excellent adventure #3, WNC/East TN. 3-24-12 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Bill & Ted's excellent adventure #3, WNC/East TN. 3-24-12

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 03-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #61
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post
If our weather for the trip is anything like today then i may have to take my top off!!!
Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USNC0425

_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #62
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_ View Post
I'm really interested in doing something like this but I have never been. My jeep is completely stock suspension and 235/75/15 A/T tires. I don't live/work far from there (Spruce Pine/Burnsville) but I don't want to get out there and not be able to do anything. I also do not want to tear the jeep all to hell.

Any thoughts about this ? I read the "needing coaching" part but that is too general of a statement for me.

EDIT: Understand, I have never been wheeling before.
This trail is not difficult. It was the first place I wheeled my cj-7 after the restoration, all stock suspension & 31 inch tires. Rfox made it thru with his stock jk, but had trouble in 2 areas. The coaching part will be showing you the best path to follow to keep from getting stuck.

Stock jeeps are very capable off road, just ask spladow about hurricane creek. Even if you get stuck, we'll be able to pull you out. Then you may have to try another way over the rough parts.
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #63
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I seen the last thread with Spladow. I was going to ask if I did get stuck, if someone would be able to pull me out. I will look into it a bit more and look into coming out as I'd like to meet new people and find something I enjoy to do(I've had a lot of time become free time).

Is there anything that I need or is suggested ?
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #64
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USNC0425
This is NC! Don't like the weather report...wait 5 minutes! It will change!

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #65
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, I seen the last thread with Spladow. I was going to ask if I did get stuck, if someone would be able to pull me out. I will look into it a bit more and look into coming out as I'd like to meet new people and find something I enjoy to do(I've had a lot of time become free time).

Is there anything that I need or is suggested ?

Pick a winch...any winch! Step right up and place your bets! Bout the only thing what was said to me..."it's your Jeep, you crawl in the mud to get it hooked up!"

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #66
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would expect as much about crawling in the mud. I want to lift it enough to fit 33s but I haven't done much research yet. A BB is more in my expected budget. I'm not sure to get a winch first or lift and stuff.

Then again, I might not do anything to it even though a smaller(3" or so) lift and 33s looks nice. Just testing the waters at the moment.
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #67
sleezy
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post
This trip will be to rich mtn trail near Hot Springs. We'll meet at Weaverville bojangles & leave around 8:30, it takes several hours to complete just like hurricane creek did. This trail is moderate but will have a few technical areas...We've got the stock jk stuck here in 2 different spots. Stock jeeps will make it through with a little coaching. As always we will stop & have our hot dog lunch.
Is it the Bojangles on weaver BLVD?
sleezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #68
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Yes the one by mcdonalds and waffle house.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #69
sleezy
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I plan on being there. Anything I need to bring? Drinks, Food, scantily clad women??
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #70
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_
I'm really interested in doing something like this but I have never been. My jeep is completely stock suspension and 235/75/15 A/T tires. I don't live/work far from there (Spruce Pine/Burnsville) but I don't want to get out there and not be able to do anything. I also do not want to tear the jeep all to hell.

Any thoughts about this ? I read the "needing coaching" part but that is too general of a statement for me.

EDIT: Understand, I have never been wheeling before.
I took my fist jeep for my first wheeling trip on this run (nine years ago) we all started some where some time.
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #71
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_
I would expect as much about crawling in the mud. I want to lift it enough to fit 33s but I haven't done much research yet. A BB is more in my expected budget. I'm not sure to get a winch first or lift and stuff.

Then again, I might not do anything to it even though a smaller(3" or so) lift and 33s looks nice. Just testing the waters at the moment.
I ran my last TJ with a 2" BB and a 1" body lift on 33 x 10.50's for several years. It's a good setup for a multi use jeep and doesn't break the bank.
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #72
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleezy
Ok, I plan on being there. Anything I need to bring? Drinks, Food, scantily clad women??
The women and a lot of ones we will need change.

We usually just get the food stuffs and fuel at ingles after we all meet up.
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #73
sleezy
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
The women and a lot of ones we will need change.

We usually just get the food stuffs and fuel at ingles after we all meet up.
Ok, Sounds good!
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #74
wnckrawler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Locked in for this one too. Was trying to get shackles and spacers before the trip, but thats not gonna happen. After our last trip to Hurricane creek I decided I need more flex!

Are there places here to really articulate at all?
wnckrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #75
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnckrawler View Post
Locked in for this one too. Was trying to get shackles and spacers before the trip, but thats not gonna happen. After our last trip to Hurricane creek I decided I need more flex!

Are there places here to really articulate at all?
Their will be some places to flex it & play around, but overall the road is not too bad. Kinda like hurricane creek, few minutes of nice trail & then we can stop & play......I remember one badass part at this place where i was three wheelin pretty good, felt like the one tire was 2-3 feet off the ground.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.