Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bill & Ted's excellent adventure #3, WNC/East TN. 3-24-12

10K views 254 replies 14 participants last post by  1FuddyMucker 
#1 ·
This trip will be to rich mtn trail near Hot Springs. We'll meet at Weaverville bojangles & leave around 8:30, it takes several hours to complete just like hurricane creek did. This trail is moderate but will have a few technical areas...We've got the stock jk stuck here in 2 different spots. Stock jeeps will make it through with a little coaching. As always we will stop & have our hot dog lunch.

Edit=our pics of this ride are on p13 thru p15 of this thread.

#4 ·
Is highway 31B where we are going? Or is this another trail out there?

#6 ·
How technical is technical? lol If the wife and kids dont come i may try to bring the TJ, but dont want to rip the fenders off quite yet! lol it only has a 1.25" BL on it now with 33's...the rest is stock suspension.

Otherwise, count me as a maybe! :rofl:

*note to self* go ahead and put in new rear locker!

#10 ·
uhmmm....yeah...can't full flex with it, tires mash into the fenders, i ran it thru a ditch after the BL and i thought i was gonna rip off the left rear as it was, and i'm pretty sure she was nowhere near full flex.

#9 ·
PredatorNC said:
How technical is technical? lol If the wife and kids dont come i may try to bring the TJ, but dont want to rip the fenders off quite yet! lol it only has a 1.25" BL on it now with 33's...the rest is stock suspension.

Otherwise, count me as a maybe! :rofl:

*note to self* go ahead and put in new rear locker!
Or you could just leave it at my place I hear they are hard to store.

#16 ·
I have been thinking about it...not like i'm going to keep them stock anyway....gonna go flat fender or if i have the $$$ Metalcloaks! :drool::drool::drool:

Anyone else thinkin' bout that Uwharrie trip in May?

#21 ·
Trying to find NC fender laws....i'm not finding much! as in, i dont think they are actually required! I may just pop'em off and see how much it can flex then! haha! The only thing i cant get over about cutting the stockers are if I ever sell it, that person may want to put them back on.

Oh, and I couldn't resist...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/representing-1340955/

#22 ·
PredatorNC said:
Trying to find NC fender laws....i'm not finding much! as in, i dont think they are actually required! I may just pop'em off and see how much it can flex then! haha! The only thing i cant get over about cutting the stockers are if I ever sell it, that person may want to put them back on.

Oh, and I couldn't resist...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/representing-1340955/
Ask Wnc or fuddy.

#30 · (Edited)
I'm happy to report next weekend is one of the two weeks I don't have to work Friday night so it looks like I will be able to make this run.

I went to Bumpus Cove today. This place is definitely in full swing. A camping trip is mandatory. Let's see if this video will embed.

----Well it won't embed but here's the link.----

#31 ·
Woohoo! Ordered my lift today! 4 inches and it should be here by Friday so I can work on getting it on this next weekend. Small SNAFU though...the wife is going out of town on that Friday to a work seminar! :mad: So the determining factor on me going will depend on if Gramma will watch them. :confused:

"Either it's part of your suspension or a dinosaur bone..." Well it looks like you dug half way to china so i'm thinking dinosaur bone! lol Nice vid Cwmedic!

#39 ·
:nono:
Woohoo! Ordered my lift today! 4 inches and it should be here by Friday so I can work on getting it on this next weekend. Small SNAFU though...the wife is going out of town on that Friday to a work seminar! :mad: So the determining factor on me going will depend on if Gramma will watch them. :confused:

"Either it's part of your suspension or a dinosaur bone..." Well it looks like you dug half way to china so i'm thinking dinosaur bone! lol Nice vid Cwmedic!
You can bring them. Theres always enough hot dogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.