Bill & Ted's excellent adventure #3, WNC/East TN. 3-24-12 - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Bill & Ted's excellent adventure #3, WNC/East TN. 3-24-12

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #241
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker View Post
I like how some out of towner 2 to 3 hrs away, can be such a know-it-all.
I can honestly say that in this group we are all responsible wheelers. We do our part to maintain trails & pick up ***** that others leave behind. Pack out what we pack in. Maybe we should have had a picture of the bag of trash we hauled out with us. I suspect it would look much like your reflection!
97TJGUZZY:
You sir are lower than dog poop, trying to call us out over pics. Were not a bunch of dumb ****ing rednecks who raise hell & tear **** up. I cant stress it enough, mind your own business & GTFO of here.
Well played guys... I'm on your team. I love the area you have shown pictures of and enjoy going there. I'm saying we should all stay on the designated trails so they don't get shut down. I'm not sure how you can take my comment as you have described. Please just take this as constructive criticism and be proactive and try to stay on the trails. Hope to see you on the trails sometime.

Unread 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #242
threeb

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY
hey guys, looks like a good trip, I love that trail and area.

I would highly suggest you not post pictures of jeeps in your group blatantly driving off trail its not good for any of us who enjoy the trails responsibly.
If you "highly" recommend not posting pics of jeeps in our group blatantly driving off trails then why did you repost one?
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #243
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
If you "highly" recommend not posting pics of jeeps in our group blatantly driving off trails then why did you repost one?
Unread 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #244
wnckrawler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

@97TJGUZZY: It did sound kinda harsh when you first posted it dude.

Hard to show emotion WHEN TYPING IN BOLD CAPS!
wnckrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #245
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnckrawler View Post
@97TJGUZZY: It did sound kinda harsh when you first posted it dude.

Hard to show emotion WHEN TYPING IN BOLD CAPS!

This is not BOLD CAPS this is just bold so you see the important part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
hey guys, looks like a good trip, I love that trail and area.

I would highly suggest you not post pictures of jeeps in your group blatantly driving off trail its not good for any of us who enjoy the trails responsibly.
I'm sorry to have brought up such a sore subject with yall. I know those areas very well and always wonder who is out there driving up the banks in the area. When I saw your pics I was hoping you would take it to heart and try to stay on the trails. Happy trails guys.
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #246
threeb

2004 LJ Wrangler 

It is only us driving on them. The point was you said we shouldn't post pics of driving off trail while you posted it.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #247
wnckrawler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

The fact is, we are probably one of the most responsible groups that ride together. The areas that had any evidence of abuse, or any areas that were clearly off of the beaten path we avoided.

This is a very touchy subject for some here, especially Fuddy, and Threeb. They have orchestrated all three of the past rides I have been on, and have been VERY clear about staying on the trail and picking up after yourself. We all know that the last thing we need is to have any of these areas shut down because of mis-use or abuse.

The now famous photo you commented on was no more than 10-15 feet away from a large area where we were parked. No harm, no foul, and lets lay it to rest. OK?
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #248
wnckrawler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmedic View Post
Yeah... Pinch seams and rails are going to have to be trimmed.

Attachment 374078

The Fox 2.0s and the kit altogether have a great ride and give waaay more lift than I expected.

Jason,

The install was not bad at all. We took our time doing it but I would not be nearly as paranoid if I had to do another one. I have to go back and put the bump stops on still. It was a good experience. We could knock out this install in 1/3 if the time now. I'm loving it.
If you put new springs on, they will settle a little bit. I've seen some settle as musch as 1-1.5 inches. Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in action!

Oh, on another note. If you still have that fire-stick antenna I will take it please! Lmk!
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #249
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
This is not BOLD CAPS this is just bold so you see the important part.

I'm sorry to have brought up such a sore subject with yall. I know those areas very well and always wonder who is out there driving up the banks in the area. When I saw your pics I was hoping you would take it to heart and try to stay on the trails. Happy trails guys.
Maybe a PM to one of us would have been better, instead of airing this out for all to see.
With all due respect, its best summed up by some lyrics composed by Youngbloodz feat. lil jon: Don't start no ****, their wont be no ****.
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #250
cwmedic
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnckrawler View Post
If you put new springs on, they will settle a little bit. I've seen some settle as musch as 1-1.5 inches. Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in action!

Oh, on another note. If you still have that fire-stick antenna I will take it please! Lmk!
Cool! I'll bring it to the next trip. You should install your CB and coax so we can test it out on the trial. Mount one of those connectors Firestick uses too.
cwmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #251
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

Got my CB in yesterday! Hard wired and had to make a little mount for it. I bought a 3' firestyk for 20 bucks and the 4' one was like 24 bucks. I was given a antenna with the CB but geeze...its like the 102" and hits all sorts of stuff on the road and drive thru people hated me! I figure the little 3' one is good for the trail and if I were to go on some sort of road trip I could use the space needle!

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #252
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredatorNC View Post
Got my CB in yesterday! Hard wired and had to make a little mount for it. I bought a 3' firestyk for 20 bucks and the 4' one was like 24 bucks. I was given a antenna with the CB but geeze...its like the 102" and hits all sorts of stuff on the road and drive thru people hated me! I figure the little 3' one is good for the trail and if I were to go on some sort of road trip I could use the space needle!
Next time you're near a truck stop try out the cb & ask the truckers if their are any lot lizards nearby.
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #253
cwmedic
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sweet. We definitely need a standard radio. I think CBs would work best.
cwmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #254
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmedic View Post
Sweet. We definitely need a standard radio. I think CBs would work best.
Yeah, the cost is minimal, and the comm's will be great! Should be able to pick up a little Cobra or Unidine for about 40-45 bucks, 20 bucks for an antenna and 10-20 bucks for a coax cable...dont know how much mounts are since mine already had one and I really didnt look at the ones I did see to notice price.

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #255
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Next ride posted on JF now.
Follow link to ride #4.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/...-12-a-1357341/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.