Bill & Ted's excellent adventure #2 (3-3-2012) WNC/East TN - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Bill & Ted's excellent adventure #2 (3-3-2012) WNC/East TN

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Bill & Ted's excellent adventure #2 (3-3-2012) WNC/East TN

No go for bumpus cove.....

Just called the TN unaka district rangers office about bumpus cove, they say this trail is closed from jan 15th thru march 18th.

We will now be going to hurricane creek trail off of I-40, will meet at canton bojangles near ken wilson ford & leave around 8:30. This is not as tough as bumpus but is very fun with lots of areas to play at. All are welcome to join us.

Last edited by 1FuddyMucker; 02-28-2012 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Bumpus cove is currently closed at the gate
1FuddyMucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Hey mine is basically stock!
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
wnckrawler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm in! I'll try and bring a few friends too.
wnckrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey you think a stock little tj with some warn out 235/75 tires and a driver whos only "wheelin" experiences is going thru lava rock to get to fishing spots will be too much of a burden? Maybe i can scrounge up some sofa change and get a new(er) set of rubber. Would love to come if im free
Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #5
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow View Post
Hey you think a stock little tj with some warn out 235/75 tires and a driver whos only "wheelin" experiences is going thru lava rock to get to fishing spots will be too much of a burden? Maybe i can scrounge up some sofa change and get a new(er) set of rubber. Would love to come if im free
Threeb is stock but he has nice tires from a rubicon jeep, he does just fine.
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow
Tires are going to be the key. I would think that an all terrain or mud tire would do just fine maybe in the 30" and up variety just because some of the ruts and climbs. My LJ is basically stock with a 2" BB and the stock tires and rims off of an '05 Rubicon. I only left the BB on because of the length of the LJ.
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnckrawler
I'm in! I'll try and bring a few friends too.
I'll try not "blob" around behind you this time.
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

How far are you guys going? We would love to tag along one day but Asheville is 2 hours from us and Weaverville is about a bit more. Do you guys ever ride south of Asheville?

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
wnckrawler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I say blob just because my windows and mirrors were so covered with mud and debris, that's all I could see, was a green mass with lights on it. Any other color and I wouldn't have been able to tell if you were still back there! Haha. We had a blast.

Anyone from SC is welcome to stay at our house the night before in Hendersonville, then roll out early that next morning. Plenty of room and it kind of breaks up the trip all the way from Anderson.

That trail would probably have been easier than it already was if it was dry. And even more fun.
Unread 02-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
xxxxxxxxranger_1999
1998 ZJ 

Id like to tag along..need to check about work..
xxxxxxxxranger_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
Tires are going to be the key. I would think that an all terrain or mud tire would do just fine maybe in the 30" and up variety just because some of the ruts and climbs. My LJ is basically stock with a 2" BB and the stock tires and rims off of an '05 Rubicon. I only left the BB on because of the length of the LJ.
yeah thats what i figured is that my tires would be the biggest downfall, cant afford more then 4 (if that) so ill probably end up getting only 4 cuz id rather have a spare the same size just incase. spare is a brand new 235/75 bfg long trail radial...lol . came with the jeep and whatnot. hopefully ill be able to get a new or used set of duratracs..(i hear good things about them). ill keep you guys posted. thanks

edit: i dont have and tow points or an extinguisher or a cb, i could get an extinguisher, but no cb or tow points. good or no good?
Unread 02-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
wnckrawler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

CB isn't necessary. I will bring extra 2ways with me. There are always places to hook tow straps if you get stuck on a factory vehicle. But if your in a mud hole, you'll be the one sloshing around to find them! LOL.

I also do not have an extinguisher. No biggie. The last thing you'll need to worry about is getting stuck. There will be plenty of people more than willing to give you a pull.
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnckrawler View Post
CB isn't necessary. I will bring extra 2ways with me. There are always places to hook tow straps if you get stuck on a factory vehicle. But if your in a mud hole, you'll be the one sloshing around to find them! LOL.

I also do not have an extinguisher. No biggie. The last thing you'll need to worry about is getting stuck. There will be plenty of people more than willing to give you a pull.
cool beans, thanks. yeah i dont mind sloppin around in mud if need be. extra clothes would come with me so i wouldnt have to be soaked the rest of the day haha. i mapquested to bumpus cove tn, its about 2 hrs from me. about an hour to asheville then hour or so from there. looking forward to getting together with you all
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

Checkin with the boss to make sure she doesnt have anything going on that day!

Think i will bring the wife's JK since mine has the fender issue at the moment. This may be a crazy question...it looks like from the pic's that the trail is pretty wide open, i.e. no real issues about banging into trees? She dont mind me getting muddy, slingin' dirt and rock, but a scrape down the side from a tree will get me beat about the head and shoulders!

I'm in Hendersonville so if those here, or passing by here to get there want to meet up somewhere and drive up i'm in.

Let me know about the trail width thing though, if i was bringing my jeep it would not be issue, but.....lol
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnckrawler

Ted rolls with fire protection.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.