Beach driving with cracked windshield - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Beach driving with cracked windshield

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
littlebuzz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Question Beach driving with cracked windshield

Planning on some surf fishing in the Outer Banks.

Will NPS issue me an ORV permit when my Jeep has a crack in the windshield?

littlebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

They didn't even look at my Xterra when I got my permit..Just watched a video and filled out the paperwork.
Unread 07-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
RobV
2012 JK Wrangler 

Same Here
RobV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
redo4x
2004 TJ Wrangler 

As far as Fort Fisher you get your permit at the office. There is not a vehicle inspection.
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
littlebuzz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the tips.

It was just like bogleparsons experience. Filled out the form, watched the video, paid the fee. The rangers never left their trailer. Which was a good thing too since I forgot the board for my jack. Lucky for me I found one a short time later on the beach. Even luckier I only needed to use it as a bait cutting station.

Had a great time. Although the fishing was lean, it was some good beach driving. Even took a day to drive up to Corolla and hit the beach there.
littlebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.