Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Asheville, NC

54K views 633 replies 60 participants last post by  Treadway 
#1 ·
Anybody out there near Asheville NC?:wave:

#180 ·
New member from Madison county. Im down for a trail ride this weekend, I've never done the flats or bumpus cove trail. I've got stock axles on my jku w/ 35s and zero skid plates. yall think these trails are alright for a lightly modded jk?

#181 ·
The Flats has stuff from mild (31's+open/open) to wild (44's+locked F&R), so there's definitely something for you to do there.

Tanner, I'll be hanging out with a group from called the Trail Jammers...will be on the lookout for you guys :cheers2:

#182 ·
I appreciate the info bud. I'll see yall there

#190 ·
Well, it looks like we won't be making an appearance this Saturday at The Flats! The Jeep has been in the shop and needs all 6 injectors replaced. :eek: It will be sometime in the spring before we are back in action! As soon as it is fixed I'll contact you StrokedWJ to hit Couch Mtn! :D

Hope everyone has a safe and fun ride Saturday! Post pics of it when you can!

#194 ·
i emailed the site a few months ago but no response, and on their calendar...i don't know where any of the places are. id love a meet and greet but haven't seen one on the calendar either.. im new to the area and dont know how things work around here. :cheers2: :wave:

edit: emailed the trail jammer site few months ago.

#204 ·
The Flats was a blast today! Everything was really slick from the recent rains. Saw a lot of breakage, but the WJ made it out unharmed:2thumbsup:. 1FuddyMucker, I saw you a couple of times around the parking lot...did anyone else make it out there?

While I was airing down, this I got to talking to the owner of this WJ. He had just purchased it the day before!

#207 ·
The flats

The Flats was a blast today! Everything was really slick from the recent rains. Saw a lot of breakage, but the WJ made it out unharmed:2thumbsup:. 1FuddyMucker, I saw you a couple of times around the parking lot...did anyone else make it out there?

Me & threeb met up with 3 others from appalachian 4x4 in canton. got a few pics of them, none of me.
Seems really crowded at the flats, ride for 5 minutes & have to wait in traffic jam on the trail for 10 minutes.

Attachments

#206 ·
The Flats is a private off-road park run by a club called the Rock Corps. They usually have 3-4 open rides per year where the public is allowed in. Otherwise you have to be a member or be invited by a member. The park is right off of I-40, exit 85 for NC 221. The next open ride is April 20-22 IIRC.

#209 ·
StrokedWJ said:

While I was airing down, this I got to talking to the owner of this WJ. He had just purchased it the day before!

Video Link:

We didnt make it! Jeep is in shop and has to have all six injectors replaced. Really sucks not being able to go! We'll definitely be there for the April open invite. We plan on going to EVG on the 28th!

#228 ·
I saw a red TJ with red wheels by the Enka AB-Tech campus today. You? Nice jeep!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.