Asheville, NC - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Asheville, NC

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 08-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #481
oneton79cj

Im looking for a good shop in the wnc area for some axle fab and possibly build steering 14 bolts.

oneton79cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #482
oneton79cj

So is the group still meeting at neo burrito on Wednesday.
My office is in biltmore park so im already their lol!
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #483
novacayne75
2014 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneton79cj View Post
Im looking for a good shop in the wnc area for some axle fab and possibly build steering 14 bolts.
I can do it.
828-779-2242
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #484
EdJonesJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneton79cj
So is the group still meeting at neo burrito on Wednesday.
My office is in biltmore park so im already their lol!
Yes a few of us still meet on wed and everybody welcome.

And novacayne75 is your guy he does great work.
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #485
EdJonesJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone come out Saturday to the ECORS race in Marion!

This is our race rig we built in 3 days competing in AA class.

image-3290376056.jpg

Sponsors
Buckeye Performance
Edward Jones Investments
Trail Jammers Club
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #486
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesJeeper View Post
Everyone come out Saturday to the ECORS race in Marion!

This is our race rig we built in 3 days competing in AA class.

Sponsors
Buckeye Performance
Edward Jones Investments
Trail Jammers Club
I'll be there pulling for ya buddy! Good luck.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #487
novacayne75
2014 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedWJ View Post

I'll be there pulling for ya buddy! Good luck.
Just hope its not a tow strap haha.
Unread 08-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #488
EdJonesJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

No tow straps needed!

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #489
oneton79cj

Quote:
I had the pleasure of meeting Chris today and seeing this rig and all I can say is WOW!!!! You guys rock for being able to throw it together in just a few short aftenoons and then taking the win in your class.
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #490
EdJonesJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneton79cj

I had the pleasure of meeting Chris today and seeing this rig and all I can say is WOW!!!! You guys rock for being able to throw it together in just a few short aftenoons and then taking the win in your class.
Thanks we had an absolute blast and now we've got our eyes on A class!
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #491
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Hey all,

Born and raised and still living in rural New Hampshire but I'm looking for a change and looking at going to AB Tech for the spring semester. I already have a Bachelors in IT but looking to go back to school just for more hands-on experience, and I'd also like to get involved in the auto program as well as a backup. As a jeep owner, you know I love to wrench on things lol.

Anyway everything I've heard and read is pointing me there. Having a tech school that I've read only good reviews of helps seal the deal. The geography of the area seems similar to here. Asheville is a little smaller than Manchester (NH's largest city, 45 minutes from me) and I like how it quickly gets rural outside of city limits, and the close proximity to the mountains. I also like how there are still 4 seasons, but winter is not nearly as harsh as up here. I'd rather be hot in the summer than freezing my *** off under 3 feet of snow for 4 months. I've also heard good things about the strong culture and music in the city/area. I'd prefer to end up in one of the small towns in the area but it'll take some more looking into to find a good balance between practicality, money, and the small-town living I'm used to.

One thing I'm not too keen on is that it seems there's a lack of wheeling trails down there. In NH we have over 1400 miles of public "Class VI" (unmaintained) roads (27 miles in my town alone), in addition to private land if we have permission. I'm big into the wheeling scene up here and know most people that go wheeling all over the state. I've done a lot of work with researching & documenting the places to ride, doing trail clean-ups, and working with towns, landowners, etc on keeping these places open for us. But hopefully not wheeling as much will help me save some money on gas and repair bills. haha

So hopefully I can get everything straightened out in the next couple months and get on down there and meet up with some of you. It'd be good to make some new jeep friends. In the meantime if anyone has any tips and advice on the area I will definitely take it into consideration.
Unread 11-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #492
EdJonesJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMatt
Hey all, Born and raised and still living in rural New Hampshire but I'm looking for a change and looking at going to AB Tech for the spring semester. I already have a Bachelors in IT but looking to go back to school just for more hands-on experience, and I'd also like to get involved in the auto program as well as a backup. As a jeep owner, you know I love to wrench on things lol. Anyway everything I've heard and read is pointing me there. Having a tech school that I've read only good reviews of helps seal the deal. The geography of the area seems similar to here. Asheville is a little smaller than Manchester (NH's largest city, 45 minutes from me) and I like how it quickly gets rural outside of city limits, and the close proximity to the mountains. I also like how there are still 4 seasons, but winter is not nearly as harsh as up here. I'd rather be hot in the summer than freezing my *** off under 3 feet of snow for 4 months. I've also heard good things about the strong culture and music in the city/area. I'd prefer to end up in one of the small towns in the area but it'll take some more looking into to find a good balance between practicality, money, and the small-town living I'm used to. One thing I'm not too keen on is that it seems there's a lack of wheeling trails down there. In NH we have over 1400 miles of public "Class VI" (unmaintained) roads (27 miles in my town alone), in addition to private land if we have permission. I'm big into the wheeling scene up here and know most people that go wheeling all over the state. I've done a lot of work with researching & documenting the places to ride, doing trail clean-ups, and working with towns, landowners, etc on keeping these places open for us. But hopefully not wheeling as much will help me save some money on gas and repair bills. haha So hopefully I can get everything straightened out in the next couple months and get on down there and meet up with some of you. It'd be good to make some new jeep friends. In the meantime if anyone has any tips and advice on the area I will definitely take it into consideration.
Hi and welcome to WNC! Let us know when you get here.

Some appetizers while you wait though.

Hurricane creek has many views and a few cleanup days each year.
Couch mountain can be accessed if you meet the right people.

The flats are 45 min away and extreme trails.
Brown mountain orv.
Uwharrie orv.

In TN
Windrock (coal creek)
Golden mountain
Durham town? New and is part of the old tellico.

SC
Gulches

These are all some great trails and I'm leaving some out but that should keep you busy until you get here

Welcome!
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #493
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Hi and welcome to WNC! Let us know when you get here.

Some appetizers while you wait though.

Hurricane creek has many views and a few cleanup days each year.
Couch mountain can be accessed if you meet the right people.

The flats are 45 min away and extreme trails.
Brown mountain orv.
Uwharrie orv.

In TN
Windrock (coal creek)
Golden mountain
Durham town? New and is part of the old tellico.

SC
Gulches

These are all some great trails and I'm leaving some out but that should keep you busy until you get here

Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately things aren't looking as good as they were at first. There's no way I'm going to make it down for the winter like I had planned. I also can't get into the school until I've established residency. Been looking online at houses in the area now (within 30 mins of Asheville) and hope to make a trip down in February to check it out in person. New goal is to be down there for the fall semester. Lets hope there aren't any setbacks again... I've already had to spend a bunch of my "move money" on a winter beater to hopefully keep my jeep out of the snow/salt.
Unread 12-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #494
JasonVideo
2013 JK Wrangler 

December 21-29

My wife and I will be up there for Christmas and our anniversary and we'd like to hit a trail one day. Will anyone be around for a day trip to Brown Mountain OHV?

Thanks,

Jason
Unread 12-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #495
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Not a huge fan of Brown OHV, more of a dirt bike/four wheeler area, they come flying out of no where and in every direction. If you're looking for a good day trail I would suggest Hurricane Creek off of I-40 West, It's right off the high way, ends at a very nice scenic point (Max Patch) and has a pretty nice ride to it.
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Corigirlloves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.