Asheville, NC - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Asheville, NC

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #316
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

You would probably be safe parking it there, but then there is a mile or so to the road, and then you would probably have a few miles from the exit back to the rest stop.

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #317
jzoomer
1998 ZJ 

im relatively new to JF but been in WNC for a while i live in canton but work in asheville over at Anderson Nissan... would love to go wheeling with some locals over the summer the jeep is almost ready for DD capabilities and i want to get out there and see what she can do
jzoomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #318
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoomer
im relatively new to JF but been in WNC for a while i live in canton but work in asheville over at Anderson Nissan... would love to go wheeling with some locals over the summer the jeep is almost ready for DD capabilities and i want to get out there and see what she can do
Keep a watch in here we are going to try and go at least once a month. There is a ride this Saturday all are welcome.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #319
sleezy
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoomer View Post
Im in canton also, I go every one in a while around here. hit me up sometime.
sleezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #320
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

You guys need to do a "South" of Asheville ride!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #321
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

We will as soon as we find a place to go!
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #322
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

LOL yeah that is the problem.... I know there is some stuff off of hwy 25 when you go down the mountain toward TR. Never been on them and dont know anything about them but there is 4 "trails" off to the left...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #323
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure that area is where "hush hole" is, but I have never been there...I may try to scout it out this next week. I'm still asking around for people that live on/near Couch Mtn to see about going there...but so far no luck.

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #324
jzoomer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleezy View Post
Im in canton also, I go every one in a while around here. hit me up sometime.
i will be more available in the coming months, we are on sort of a "high alert" right now with my wife is close to her due date with our 2nd child, so were waiting and preparing, she has started her "nesting" so I know its soon,

but after all she gets here safe and sound i will be more available for weekend rides and such! im looking foreward to it we had a nice place in TN to wheel last year with my yota and im dying to get back on a trail!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
You guys need to do a "South" of Asheville ride!

-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
We will as soon as we find a place to go!
agreed there is no where to wheel around here anymore we used to go to a pretty sweet place called black camp gap, but a buddy of mike said someone bought some of the land up there and built a house so you have to pass through private land to get there now and the owner doesn't like it
jzoomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #325
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

It's time to go if you are going.
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #326
EdJonesJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody want to go to couch? I recommend at least 33s and one locker. Tow points required. Carolina pen stripping comes standard lol.

Tilley
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #327
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesJeeper View Post
Anybody want to go to couch? I recommend at least 33s and one locker. Tow points required. Carolina pen stripping comes standard lol.

Tilley
Been their a few years back & loved it, but its gated now.
Love to go but dont have a key to the gate, have heard some guys have keys, but i'm out unless we have permission. (I've been thru the BS at the courthouse because of trespassing, it gets expensive.)
LMK what the deal is, sure is a close place to wheel.
Unread 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #328
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FuddyMucker

Been their a few years back & loved it, but its gated now.
Love to go but dont have a key to the gate, have heard some guys have keys, but i'm out unless we have permission. (I've been thru the BS at the courthouse because of trespassing, it gets expensive.)
LMK what the deal is, sure is a close place to wheel.
Agreed.
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Corigirlloves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #329
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

I have seen people heading up to Couch on Sunday afternoons and have heard that they open the gates on Sundays. Have not been able to confirm this though...

It really is a fantastic place to ride and its less than a mile from my house! I wish we could find out who we need to know to get permission to use the trails.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #330
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedWJ
I have seen people heading up to Couch on Sunday afternoons and have heard that they open the gates on Sundays. Have not been able to confirm this though...

It really is a fantastic place to ride and its less than a mile from my house! I wish we could find out who we need to know to get permission to use the trails.
Okay I got a plan. You should wait in your jeep and when they pass hammer it and slip right in with the group. When y'all get up there just act like you know Steve. After you get in good just invite one of us each trip until we're all in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.