Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Asheville, NC

54K views 633 replies 60 participants last post by  Treadway 
#1 ·
Anybody out there near Asheville NC?:wave:

#306 ·
seems everybody is taking a break this weekend. But if anybody is going lmk!
lmk????

hah...nevermind! had to break out my texting brain! I would be interested in something Sat. for like 1/2 day (4-6hrs)
Anyone been down to "Hush Hole"? i was watching some things on it the other night....

#311 ·
You should head by the Flats in Marion, NC for the ECORS Race Saturday before hitting Barleys. I'll be there "pre-runner" style! (New gears I just had installed in my rear axle turned out to be 5.29's vs. the 4.56's I ordered/need) :rofl:

#312 ·
Hello Ashevillian's

I keep hearing about Hurricane Creek and that it's right off I40. Is this something you have to drive your rig to or is there parking for a tow vehicle and trailer? I'm hoping to get my Jeep going soon, but until then I am using my 2-banger that would be certain death on the interstate.

#313 ·
By 2 banger im guessing motorcycle? And yes, you have to drive there...Drove my 1 banger (KLR650) up there from Hendersonville, bout an hour.

Here's a photo of the "road" right on I-40...

#316 ·
:agree: You would probably be safe parking it there, but then there is a mile or so to the road, and then you would probably have a few miles from the exit back to the rest stop.

#317 ·
im relatively new to JF but been in WNC for a while i live in canton but work in asheville over at Anderson Nissan... would love to go wheeling with some locals over the summer the jeep is almost ready for DD capabilities and i want to get out there and see what she can do

#318 ·
jzoomer said:
im relatively new to JF but been in WNC for a while i live in canton but work in asheville over at Anderson Nissan... would love to go wheeling with some locals over the summer the jeep is almost ready for DD capabilities and i want to get out there and see what she can do
Keep a watch in here we are going to try and go at least once a month. There is a ride this Saturday all are welcome.

#323 ·
I'm pretty sure that area is where "hush hole" is, but I have never been there...I may try to scout it out this next week. I'm still asking around for people that live on/near Couch Mtn to see about going there...but so far no luck.

#327 ·
Been their a few years back & loved it, but its gated now.
Love to go but dont have a key to the gate, have heard some guys have keys, but i'm out unless we have permission. (I've been thru the BS at the courthouse because of trespassing, it gets expensive.)
LMK what the deal is, sure is a close place to wheel.

#329 ·
I have seen people heading up to Couch on Sunday afternoons and have heard that they open the gates on Sundays. Have not been able to confirm this though...

It really is a fantastic place to ride and its less than a mile from my house! I wish we could find out who we need to know to get permission to use the trails.

#330 ·
StrokedWJ said:
I have seen people heading up to Couch on Sunday afternoons and have heard that they open the gates on Sundays. Have not been able to confirm this though...

It really is a fantastic place to ride and its less than a mile from my house! I wish we could find out who we need to know to get permission to use the trails.
Okay I got a plan. You should wait in your jeep and when they pass hammer it and slip right in with the group. When y'all get up there just act like you know Steve. After you get in good just invite one of us each trip until we're all in.

#331 ·
threeb said:
Okay I got a plan. You should wait in your jeep and when they pass hammer it and slip right in with the group. When y'all get up there just act like you know Steve. After you get in good just invite one of us each trip until we're all in.
Lol. If I'm ever in the Jeep when I see them that's the plan more or less...

#333 ·
May 19 my buddy and I will be at Windrock. We're both on 33's so I think we will do a couple of trails that won't need much winching. We'll be going there from Knoxville. Peace y'all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.