Asheville area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Asheville area

PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!

Unread 07-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
hillbillyrev
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Asheville area

Any Jeepers in the Asheville area? I'm out in Marion, Nc. I saw threads for eastern Nc, thought it might be nice to make one for western NC.

Unread 07-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
ckruzer
Jeremiah 33:3

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm about 20 to 30 min from you. I'm right at the Aville black mountain border. At blue ridge parkway

Phillipians 3:20 - "For our citizenship is in Heaven..."

My President is Jesus
ckruzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
hillbillyrev
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckruzer
I'm about 20 to 30 min from you. I'm right at the Aville black mountain border. At blue ridge parkway
Awesome, we will have to meet up some time. We love Black Mountain and the Dripolator.

I used to ride my motorcycle on the parkway. Can't wait to get the Jeep up there with the top off.
Unread 07-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
ckruzer
Jeremiah 33:3

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrev
Awesome, we will have to meet up some time. We love Black Mountain and the Dripolator. I used to ride my motorcycle on the parkway. Can't wait to get the Jeep up there with the top off.
The parkway is very beautiful topless. Drove to waynesville last month. Fun. I'm about 2 miles from the parkway on ramp. It's nice being close to it.

Def should meet up sometime.

Phillipians 3:20 - "For our citizenship is in Heaven..."

My President is Jesus
ckruzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #5
Rockhanger

Anyone around Marion, NC this weekend? I'll have some time Saturday to mess around some light trails if anyone knows good spots ? Totally stock JK (for now lol..)
Rockhanger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #6
hillbillyrev
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Old hwy 70 is a neat way to get from Old Fort to Black Mountain without hitting 40... Gravel roads. And Old hwy 105 with a nice stop at wiseman' view overlook will get you from Nebo to Linville.

I would go, but I have tons of stuff I have to catch up on this weekend. I actually live in Marion.
Unread 07-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #7
Rockhanger

Quote:
Old hwy 70 is a neat way to get from Old Fort to Black Mountain without hitting 40... Gravel roads. And Old hwy 105 with a nice stop at wiseman' view overlook will get you from Nebo to Linville. I would go, but I have tons of stuff I have to catch up on this weekend. I actually live in Marion.
Good stuff! Just checked it out on maps looks like a cool trip. Thanks!
Unread 07-30-2015, 06:59 AM   #8
hillbillyrev
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhanger
Good stuff! Just checked it out on maps looks like a cool trip. Thanks!
No problem! I wish I was able to guide you through it. My lawnmower has been broken for about a month and I finally got the parts I need.... 2 acres of jungle fun lol!
Unread Today, 09:01 PM   #9
hillbillyrev
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Did you manage to make the trip?
Unread Today, 10:11 PM   #10
Rockhanger

Quote:
Did you manage to make the trip?
Just got back! Well so I tried to get to old 70 in Old Fort, but the road was gated off :/ not sure if this was the right entrance- it was right after a state park on left, and if you go right it goes to some geyser (man made not natural). Anyhow, we traveled on the road that google showed as old 70 that turns into a trail, then turns back into mills something, but not far in there is a house to the left, and a big white gate that says "road closed". Still drove around a ton so was a great trip. Went to brown mountain OHV park too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.