Art Lilley Memorial Campground - Uwharrie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Art Lilley Memorial Campground - Uwharrie

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Art Lilley Memorial Campground - Uwharrie

Me and my family are taking the Jeeps and some ATV's to Uwharrie April 20-22. We plan on tent camping all weekend and are looking at the campgrounds. I really like the location of the Art Lilley Memorial Campground and it's direct access to the Falls Dam trail head. Only thing is I don't know much about it. Most of the info online is from when it was new. Is the campground suitable for tent camping for ~ 3 tents with plenty of room to park a truck/trailer, 2 Jeeps, and 4 ATV's? Also, the Forestry Service website lists Art Lilley as temporarily closed. I know I saw a lot of people in the campground last weekend. Is it really closed now? And if so, for how long? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, website says reservations are not applicable. Does this mean you just show up and set up anywhere? First come, first serve?

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...ley+Campground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone?

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 04-08-2012, 05:20 AM   #3
RockinWrangler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

We were the last July and stayed at the Arrowhead Campground.. It was very nice and we all were very pleased.. We had about 15 jeeps and 12 campers. Each site has electricity but no water hookup.. there is water available through out the park however.. When I go back, I will definitely stay their again.. Just my .02...
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Arrowhead would be my 2nd choice but I just really like the location of Art Lilley. It just confuses me that it is listed as temp. closed.

Quote:
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

bump

Quote:
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
DMRCJ8

Try your question on NC4X4.com. You'll get more info there. Lots of URE wheelers and campers on that site. Good luck and have fun!
DMRCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

I camped at Art Lilly last fall. Vehicles are confined to a gravel lot. You have to carry gear across a barricade. There are no designated sites, so no reservations, first come first choice. There's not a lot of open flat area, you'll be hard pressed to get three tents close together.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

I don't have many pics from around the campground but you can see the barricade, we parked adjacent to it and found an adjacent flat spot.

Pickup truck uloading for ATVs and fancy outhouse (no running water)
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.