Anyone interested in planning a Carolina Beaches/Outer Banks Run this Spring? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Anyone interested in planning a Carolina Beaches/Outer Banks Run this Spring?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 01-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
vulcanclassic
2012 JK Wrangler 

Anyone interested in planning a Carolina Beaches/Outer Banks Run this Spring?

I'm interested in doing a run over to OBX/Corolla or maybe Carolina Beach/Ft. Fisher area sometime later this spring, maybe late April or early May, (or other dates if more favorable). I live in W-S/Triad area, and thought it would be cool to get something going with fellow Jeepers from NC or anywhere for that matter! I lived in Florida for 25 years (west coast) but never had a chance to Jeep out on the beach except for Daytona which was pretty limited.

Love the idea of wheelin' up near Corolla to see them wild horses or hanging out down at the southern most beaches. I've never been to either so could use some suggestions, where to stay, places to wheel, etc. Camping overnight would be very cool also.

Just an idea at this point, thought I'd put out some feelers, LOL!

Feel free to chime in...

Cheers!

vulcanclassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Zappa741
2012 JK Wrangler 

Carolina beach is a cool place to camp with 4 wd. Great fishing in the summer and fall. I'm excited to go out this year now that I just got a jeep. Have not owned one since 1995. The beach passes are getting pretty expensive, 20.00 a day or 100.00 a year but it's slot of fun
Zappa741 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
duggan98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

im always down to meet up and chill keep me informed
duggan98tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
Big-Jon
1977 CJ5 

Cj

I would love to a beach run. I live near Fort Bragg. I also belong to a 4x4 club that has several jeeps in it. I will put the word out with them. Keep us posted
33 X 12.50-15 Falken Wildpeaks
Big-Jon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
usc2003
2008 JK Wrangler 

A beach run sounds fun! I have lived in Charlotte for about a year and have not had the chance to go to the beach yet.
usc2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
vulcanclassic
2012 JK Wrangler 

FYI,

I also posted a similar thread in another forum regarding a NC beach/OBX run this spring, with decent amount of interest, for those of you following this thread; still gathering ideas/suggestions at this point...

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...un-this-Spring

Cheers
vulcanclassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
03WJDave
2003 WJ 

Forget about Hateras part of OBX. It will be mostly shut down due to the damn bird people and it will start costing a bundle to drive on the beach after you take a class. North Corolla will be open.
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
Big-Jon
1977 CJ5 

Cj

I heard someone mention a place where the have jeep tour and you can see wild horses. I will post a link as soon as I find it.
Unread 02-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #9
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I go the North End(Freeman Park) at Carolina Beach a ton during the year to Camp out. Im not able to go on weekends much but will go as much as possible.
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
Kboles89
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd like to go. New to jeep forum but pretty active on wrangler forum. I'll keep checking back to keep up with the latest info.
Kboles89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Once it starts to warm up I will be making plenty of trips. I work 4 nights on 4 nights off, so having 4 nights off in a row is nice.
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #12
rangersplash
2011 WK 

I've been out to Ft Fisher a few times this year and love it out there. I would go every weekend if I could. Depending on the work schedule I am gonna try to be out there this Saturday.
rangersplash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
rhousand
2005 TJ Wrangler 

New to Jeep Forum but have a Freeman Park pass & go there frequently. Send info when you pick a date. Going there tomorrow to take the puppy to play!
rhousand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I get off Monday morning at 7am I might try to take a quick nap and head out there Monday. Suppose to be in the upper 80's.
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #15
Big-Jon
1977 CJ5 

Cj

I just wanted to let everyone know that a few us from Bragg 4X4 will be headed to freeman park the first week end in June the 1-3. I will post more as I get info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.