Any Charlotte area Jeep Clubs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Any Charlotte area Jeep Clubs?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 09-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
BillyV65
2007 JK Wrangler 

Any Charlotte area Jeep Clubs?

I've been searching the forums as well as keeping an eye out on local Jeeps to see any badging for local clubs, but my search has come up empty.

Anyone know of any clubs in the area?

Unread 09-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
jeepgunner12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im in Edenton and have been looking for over a year and a half. I havent found anything. Not even any Show and shines less then 200 miles away. and forget looking for a 4wd store, your best bet is in Boone.
GREEN JEEP CLUB #385

PM me if you have an old hilift and/or a 31x10.5 R15 youd like to trade or sell, im in the market for a jack and a trailspare. Cheers!
jeepgunner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgunner12 View Post
Im in Edenton and have been looking for over a year and a half. I havent found anything. Not even any Show and shines less then 200 miles away. and forget looking for a 4wd store, your best bet is in Boone.
Ummmm.... there are tons of places to go around Charlotte for 4x4 parts. I can think of 4 right off of the top of my head.

Check out NC4x4.com. There are 4 or 5 clubs that wheel all of the time.

There is a meet and greet every other Friday in Charlotte at UNCC.

There was 3 different organized trail runs today- I went on one to Uwharrie and had a blast.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
BillyV65
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Red! Yeah, I know several places to get 4x4 parts, but I usually travel back up to Lexington to Tom's 4-Wheel Drive for things I need in a store(been working with them for 10+ years).

I've also wheeled Uwharrie for several years, but it's been on quads. I'm also working on making my rig more trail capable before I head there, hoping next spring I'll be able to make some runs there.
Unread 09-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
jeepgunner12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=REDLYNER;7998535]Ummmm.... there are tons of places to go around Charlotte for 4x4 parts. I can think of 4 right off of the top of my head.

There was 3 different organized trail runs today- I went on one to Uwharrie and had a blast.[/QUOT

ty, ill look into that website
GREEN JEEP CLUB #385

PM me if you have an old hilift and/or a 31x10.5 R15 youd like to trade or sell, im in the market for a jack and a trailspare. Cheers!
jeepgunner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
Angelkeeper
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I just found a group of guys that meet every 1st and 3rd Friday of every month at the Buffalo Wild Wings in concord, and as for no 4X4 shops in Charlotte you have Tarheal 4WD Center on Tyvola, 4WHEEL PARTS on South BLVD, theres a 4WD shop in pineville on south BLVD. We are starting up a club out of Huntersville, only have three trucks involved and it is very early in the startup, should have more info in 2-3 months, you know time $$, and a place.
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
SSWaters

Charlotte/Concord/Lake Norman/Harrisburg NC area 4x4 meet & greet

Every 1st and 3rd Friday at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Concord, NC. Not exclusively Jeeps but alot of models are represented. Meet your local fourwheeling counterparts, about 30 or so at the last one.

We eat on the patio and park across the street on the gravel lot, 7:00 pm is when most start to show up.

In the Target shopping area, 2 exits above Charlotte Motor Speedway exit if coming from Charlotte. Plenty of wheelers there, some of the time people goe to Chris (Mars Fab) shop afterwards, he has a rockpile for those into that. http://marsfab.com/index.html

People who show up probably represent 4 - 5 different local clubs. Never really asked which ones but I think "Big Dixie Boggers" has the most members at it along with a good collection of toyota guys (don't know the name of their club off hand).

A guy named Tim gave me a card from his "Charlotte jeep Meet-up" club once.
SSWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
BillyV65
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSWaters View Post
Charlotte/Concord/Lake Norman/Harrisburg NC area 4x4 meet & greet

Every 1st and 3rd Friday at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Concord, NC. Not exclusively Jeeps but alot of models are represented. Meet your local fourwheeling counterparts, about 30 or so at the last one.

We eat on the patio and park across the street on the gravel lot, 7:00 pm is when most start to show up.

In the Target shopping area, 2 exits above Charlotte Motor Speedway exit if coming from Charlotte. Plenty of wheelers there, some of the time people goe to Chris (Mars Fab) shop afterwards, he has a rockpile for those into that. MarsFab Off Road Home

People who show up probably represent 4 - 5 different local clubs. Never really asked which ones but I think "Big Dixie Boggers" has the most members at it along with a good collection of toyota guys (don't know the name of their club off hand).

A guy named Tim gave me a card from his "Charlotte jeep Meet-up" club once.

AWESOME!!! I work out at the Snap Fitness in the same shopping center. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out there once my Jeep is done!
Unread 09-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #9
SSWaters

You don't have to show up in your rig, just show up, lot'a people show up in their daily drivers. The more the better, I think Ricky & Lorenzo (4x4cross racing) are working on some upcoming events there.
Unread 02-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
bh1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Ummmm.... there are tons of places to go around Charlotte for 4x4 parts. I can think of 4 right off of the top of my head.

There was 3 different organized trail runs today- I went on one to Uwharrie and had a blast.
I love nc4x4
cant find much local stuff on here, idt ive even seen much about ecors/4x4cross or the farm events on here.
NIGHT CREW #023
bh1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
kitch_j
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Charlotte Jeep Group is for anyone in Charlotte, and surrounding areas. Look it up on Facebook. It's free.
kitch_j is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.