Advice when selling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Advice when selling

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
rcdeck
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Advice when selling

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a while, but I am looking for a little advice from the jeepers around NC.

I am thinking about selling my Jeep, unfortunately things are going on in life which require a different kind of vehicle. I am hung up on a few things though.

1. I know when selling it, the top is going to need to be replaced soonish. There are a few teeth on the rear window zipper which are missing and that makes it a pain in the *** to zip up. Also the canvas is tearing a little bit where the stitching is near the windows, I believe just from aging. (I dont plan to replace this myself, I figured I would just sell it a little cheaper, or let someone talk me down a little more due to this.)

2. Either the wheel barrings or the break is making some noise, however.. I know a mechanic and we are looking to fix this issue before I sell it.

3. Just recently (like a week ago,) when I first start the jeep it taps for a few seconds. I am thinking maybe the lifters are having some trouble. (I am not sure if this is something I should have fixed myself before selling or if I should just sell as is.)

I know there are a lot of Jeep enthusiasts out there who know this thing inside and out, engine and all who would probably be able to fix it themselves. What would you all recommend doing? Fixing everything before selling, or just selling as it?

It is a 2001 Wrangler Sport 4.0 with 116k miles. It seems like most of these are selling on craigslist for about 8k-9.5k so I was planning on selling it for somewhere around there.

I appreciate any advice someone is willing to give. Thanks in advance!

rcdeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.