2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie OHV Jamboree - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > 2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie OHV Jamboree

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #121
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post

You know what? The last time I was down there I ran all of the trails with 10 PSI in the tires and it still hurt; the front shocks fatigued on me and they've never really recovered. I didn't really notice it at the time, but when I got my tire pressures back up and drove around on the street I could tell a difference. I'll be surprised if I haven't toasted the shocks after another run like the last one.

Sorry for the derail, but I've been pissed about that for a month or so.
URE is an annoyingly bumpy place with all those damn erosion mounds. What kind of shocks are you running that would fatigue so easily?

Don't worry about derailing, this thread will be 15 pages long before you know it!!

Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #122
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
URE is an annoyingly bumpy place with all those damn erosion mounds. What kind of shocks are you running that would fatigue so easily?

Don't worry about derailing, this thread will be 15 pages long before you know it!!
They're pretty fun on an ATV.

But yea, annoying as hell in a Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #123
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Oh great bumpy road on my high spring rate coils.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #124
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

OME N66/67's. The fronts were HOT by lunchtime... and for once I don't intend "hot" to be said in the Paris Hilton Voice.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #125
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
OME N66/67's. The fronts were HOT by lunchtime... and for once I don't intend "hot" to be said in the Paris Hilton Voice.
I thought OMEs were supposed to be high quality, I've never had that problem with my cheapo Skyjacker Nitros. Were you just riding trails non-stop? That doesn't happen when you wheel with me. More talking, less wheeling!

Plus, on a busy weekend like this there will be more people to watch play around on Kodak. Seth and Clay, we won't be leaving Kodak until you've both done the line to the left of the wall I always like to climb. No exceptions. You can even do the wall if you're feeling frisky.
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #126
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nah

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #127
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Nah
Not an acceptable answer. With the 8.8 and sliders you have no more excuses to stay away from Kodak.
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #128
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ya Seth!

Unread 03-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #129
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not an acceptable answer. With the 8.8 and sliders you have no more excuses to stay away from Kodak.
****ing up in front of a crowd is my only concern lol.

Quote:
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #130
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

****ing up in front of a crowd is my only concern lol.
How is that a concern? As long as you aren't being a retard you aren't ****ing up. What is worse, the small chance of breaking something in front of people you don't know, or pussing out in front of people you do know?

Besides, the line I'm referring too is fairly easy compared to the line I usually take. I know Clay will be doing that line, he's already told me he wants to try it. Plus, I think he knows I'll just nag him like usual until he does it anyway.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #131
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where are the bunny trails?

Unread 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #132
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Where are the bunny trails?

At URE there is nothing but bunny trails.

You can do everything there. You might want to avoid the bottom half of Daniel on your first trip, but I'm sure a few of us will probably have open b seats if you want to check it out. Though they may have bulldozed the ledges again by now which would make the entire park accessible to you.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #133
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What is worse, the small chance of breaking something in front of people you don't know, or pussing out in front of people you do know?
You're an *******.

Quote:
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #134
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You're an *******.
I know.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #135
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
At URE there is nothing but bunny trails.

You can do everything there. You might want to avoid the bottom half of Daniel on your first trip, but I'm sure a few of us will probably have open b seats if you want to check it out. Though they may have bulldozed the ledges again by now which would make the entire park accessible to you.
I never got that advice. I got the "hell yea you better do Daniel out here for the first time." Speech.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.