2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie OHV Jamboree - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > 2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie OHV Jamboree

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #436
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Eh... a few times.
When he was sliding into the ditch at 35mph I'll bet it was more like "EEEEHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Unread 04-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #437
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJeep97 View Post
When he was sliding into the ditch at 35mph I'll bet it was more like "EEEEHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Just picturing that. Cracking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #438
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe I'll have a locker by then

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #439
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJeep97 View Post

Actually it was a rather calm and quiet "*****." My friends that were with me can attest to that.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #440
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Actually it was a rather calm and quiet "*****." My friends that were with me can attest to that.
I usually prefer the f-bomb or some derivative thereof.
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #441
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Reminds me of that time I lost control of a go kart, and drove through the brush into a creek. Just a calm, quiet and slightly constipated sounding, Crap.... The go kart had no brakes and the chain popped off going down a hill GOOD TIMES .
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #442
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post
Reminds me of that time I lost control of a go kart, and drove through the brush into a creek. Just a calm, quiet and slightly constipated sounding, Crap.... The go kart had no brakes and the chain popped off going down a hill GOOD TIMES .
My cousin (the one that was there last weekend) drove my go-kart into our pond. As if it didn't already run bad enough...

To be fair, I have driven it straight into a big stump at high speed once. Took 2 trucks and tow straps on either end of it to pull the front end semi-straight again.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #443
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My cousin (the one that was there last weekend) drove my go-kart into our pond. As if it didn't already run bad enough...

To be fair, I have driven it straight into a big stump at high speed once. Took 2 trucks and tow straps on either end of it to pull the front end semi-straight again.
Lol, how did he manage that? I went into the drink because of a failure, did he lose control? My friends cousin flipped their 4wheeler over backwards lol realatives.
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #444
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post
Lol, how did he manage that? I went into the drink because of a failure, did he lose control? My friends cousin flipped their 4wheeler over backwards lol realatives.
He tried to drive up the steep hill next to the pond with the shoddy engine, which of course cut out, and the brakes aren't strong enough to hold it on a hill. He never thought of turning the wheel. Just rolled straigh back into the water. I've had some relatives roll/crash our atvs, but I'm sure mine outnumber all of them combined.

Quote:
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #445
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Gah, this driveshaft deal is really getting to me. I know when I get some adj lowers I can get the pinion set better, but I think any downtravel at all is going to cause it to bind again. What I'd love to do is push the rear axle back some, but that means building new arms, stretching and 4-linking the rear, ditching the tank and possibly converting to a fuel cell, and probably buying a whole nother shaft. It would be so counter productive, after spending all this time setting up the bracket kit, and installing brand freakin new control arms and shaft. I'm also concerned that adj lowers won't be able to shorten enough to get the pinion in the right place, thanks to my immensely steep angle.

This must be the most expensive hobby in history, next to those who get off swimming in pools full of Benjamins.

Quote:
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #446
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

A center limit strap would solve your problem. It will still let the axle flex but keep the diff from dropping and maxing out the CV. It's a cheap fix too.

My TJ had the same problem yours has, had I kept it at stock wheelbase I would've done the limit strap.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #447
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
A center limit strap would solve your problem. It will still let the axle flex but keep the diff from dropping and maxing out the CV. It's is a cheap fix too.

My TJ had the same problem yours has, had I kept it at stock wheelbase I would've done the limit strap.
I thought about that, and I meant to bring some ratchet straps last weekend for that very reason, so if it started binding, I could tear one apart and jury rig a strap. I'll probably go that route for now. I figure I'll probably start on my solution in 2 years, once the front is in and 3 linked and both axles geared.

Quote:
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #448
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
He tried to drive up the steep hill next to the pond with the shoddy engine, which of course cut out, and the brakes aren't strong enough to hold it on a hill. He never thought of turning the wheel. Just rolled straigh back into the water. I've had some relatives roll/crash our atvs, but I'm sure mine outnumber all of them combined.
that sucks lol, I turned to avoid a large stump/tree.. and thats how I ended up in the creek. learned to wear my seatbelt that day too .
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #449
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can't believe you got out with no damage, if it were me the windshield and top would have been trashed for sure.
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #450
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greene69 View Post
I can't believe you got out with no damage, if it were me the windshield and top would have been trashed for sure.
You haven't seen his windshield frame?

:j/k: <--- I have no idea what the j/k smiley code is.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.